Ch. 18

A/N: Sorry in advance if there are grammatical error, hope you enjoy reading  (⁎˃ᆺ˂) 

~at school (before going home)~

Jimin

I know Sun Mi told me to go ahead yet I don't understand why I'm still here waiting for her. 

I sighed and leaned on the wall. I took out my phone and it was 5:00pm. I decided to scroll through twitter while waiting.

'They probably wouldn't talk that long right?' I thought.

After waiting for so long, I checked the time and it was 5:29. I groaned.

"Just how long are they gonna talk anyway?" I mumbled. 

Just when I was about to go in, a car stopped beside me. I then heard her voice call out my name. 

'Great. Looks like she has a ride to go home anyway.' I thought. 

After talking to her for a bit, I told her I was just gonna leave. To be honest I felt a bit disappointed for not being able to go home with her since her presence keeps me calm and at ease. I don't know why I feel like this but maybe it's because we've been hanging out longer than I thought. 

I was walking away when she called and told me to wait. I turned around and saw her talk to Taehyung. He glanced at me at one point and saw that his face was annoyed. I chuckled.

'It's not like my fault she's sticking to me.'

After talking for a bit, she hopped out of the car and said her goodbyes to Taehyung before he drove away. 

She then turned to me with a cheeky smile before giggling. I told her why she didn't go with Taehyung when its faster and more comfortable that way but she just acted like a child puffing her cheeks. 

I couldn't help but chuckle seeing how she felt relax even being with me. She acted like a kid sometimes, and would sometimes scold me as if she was my mother but I didn't hate any of that at all. In fact, it made me happy how she feels comfortable showing herself to me. 

We decided to walk home in silence. Even if simply being by her side gives me comfort. It makes me forget all the bad things in the past. I finally feel normal again and thought that maybe one day, we'll get to be closer than we are right now. 

I was lost in my thoughts when she suddenly spoke. 

I was feeling happy when her words brought me to reality. 

"It's fast how we're already graduating college you know. It felt just like last month when we met and now so many things had happened." she said facing the floor.

I then remembered all the things I did to her. I do feel guilty about all of those and I won't ever forget how much I've hurt and made her suffer. It was eating me inside, thinking how she can still talk to me yet alone be with me after experiencing all of those things. It made my stomach hurl thinking how I've ruined their life. I even committed murder for being so hang up on my past. 

I stayed silent as she continues to speak out what's in her mind. 

"You know...there's no use regretting over things that happened in the past. Since it already happened, there's nothing much we can do about it. What we can do is just try to make up for all the mistakes we did and make sure to not make the same mistakes again."

I knew she was right but Its just not easy letting go of the past like that especially when the person I've ruined is beside me acting like she's fine. 

I clenched my fist and replied without looking at her; feeling guilty for even showing my face.  If I were her, I would be making sure not to show my face to myself and avoid myself at all cost. Yet how can she stand there and talk to me as if everything is all right.