Ch. 6

Jimin

Today was a monday but since its a holiday, I decided to visit the library.

I know it weird to think that someone like me would go there but to be honest, I really love reading.

I was just so angry and full of revenge before that I lost myself. I did promise to change now but I'm still working on it. I also want to apologize to everyone but I know it's just not yet the time for it.

I arrived at the library and head to the comic section. 

After finding a book, I sat down at a vacant table and read the book. I was nearing half of the book when a girl sat down in front of me.

She took out a laptop and started typing. I was so focused I didn't realize that the book was slipping so I accidentally hit the back of her laptop.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Its...okay."

I went back to reading when I felt a strange feeling.

I glanced up and saw her taking a peak. Her eyes went huge and her mouth open. She quickly hid when she realized I saw her. 

I chuckled and smiled knowing how panicky she was.

I took off my mask and called her.

"Sun mi?"

No answer.

"Sun mi, I know its you."

Still no answer.

I sighed and got up. I walked around the table, slowly picked up the chair beside her and sat down.

I watched as her head slowly rise up and checked if I was still there. 

She sighed and a look of relief was seen on her face.

I can't help but smile at her reaction.

"Hey." I whispered.

She suddenly jump a bit turning to my side. She was definitely in panic.

Seeing how nervous I'm making her feel gives me the feeling of pain but I can't blame her. After all she went through because of me, I doubt she can forgive me.

I sighed. "I understand your way of reacting but I promise to stop bothering you. Also....I'm very sorry for my actions. I know you won't forgive me so easily but I hope you do, someday that is." I said scratching the back of my neck.

She was fidgeting with her fingers as she replied.

"Uhhhh, yeah. I know you didn't mean it though but I still can't fully forgive nor trust you."

Hearing her reply hurt but I have to accept it.

"Well, sorry for scaring you. I'll go ahead now." I smiled and stood up.

I was nearing the front desk when she called me.

I turned around seeing her still fidgeting her fingers.

"Uhh...I hope that I can forgive and trust you soon. Also....I hope we can start as friends."

Hearing her say that gave me a warm feeling. At least I know that I at least have a chance.

" I hope so too."

I smiled at her and left.

I borrowed the book and went out of the library.

Sun Mi

I spent 2 hours on the library but I just can't focus.

What the hell was that?

I didn't know he could even make that kind of expression.

His smile was gentle and his soft but his eyes showed pain.

I just didn't feel right. It felt wrong seeing him like that.

I know what he did was very wrong but I just can't hate him unless I know his story. I know he didn't want those either. I know he just felt lost so his anger took control of his mind and heart.

I checked the time and it was lunch. I kept my notebook and laptop and left the library.

I was about to head home when I stumbled upon Mingyu.

"Hey Sun Mi. How are you doing?" He asked.

"Hey Mingyu. I'm pretty much fine. How 'bout you?"

He shrugged.

"I'm doing fine too, I guess." he half heartedly smile.

"Okay what's wrong? You know I won't take nothing as an answer."

I crossed my hand over my chest and waited for him to speak.

He scrunched his face and sighed.

"Fine. I'm sorry I lied."

I looked at him confused.

" I lied. It's true that life without you in the U.S is not the same but I did't leave because I was simply bored. I heard from a friend of mine who lives here about a girl being tortured by someone, then I somehow found out it was you." He smiled cheekily.

I lift an eyebrow at him.

"So... I decided to come here to protect you."

"Really? You flew 15 hours away to protect me? Are you some kind of hero or what?"

He pouted.

"Of course I wanted to protect you. I just don't want to stay put knowing that my best friends is getting tortured."

I sighed and hugged him.

"Thank you. I know you care about me but don't just abandon your school suddenly. Does your parents even know about this?" I asked looking up at him.

"Well...about that. They didn't know. I just flew here unplanned and bought what I needed here. They found out about it yesterday so they're sending me back tomorrow morning." He smiled sheepishly.

"You know you really are stupid. But I'm happy. Thank you for coming here. Even though its short, I'm happy to see you again. Also, please don't do that anymore. We can always chat or face time you know. Also maybe you can visit after graduation." I smiled.

"Of course. Since I'm leaving tomorrow. How about me and you have our bonding time now? I won't take no for an answer." He said puffing his cheeks.

I laughed. "Geez, alright big guy. For today. I'm yours. First we should have lunch." 

He laughed and held my hand.

"Of course m'lady."

We laughed together, chat together as we held our hands letting our feet take us to who knows where.

Being with Mingyu is relaxing. Knowing that a great friend like him is willing to fly 15hrs away just to protect me makes me so happy and lucky to have him.

I hope that one day, we would meet again with much more peaceful and happier life.

A/N:

Thank you for sticking up to me ti'll this time. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)) Please continue supporting me and my stories :) Love ya ♡♡♡

Comment, Favorite & Follow 💋