Ch. 15

Sun Mi

The school was a 20 minute walk away so I thought that this was the best time to get to know each other. I was thinking of topics and questions to ask him when I felt him tapped my shoulder.

I looked at him to see him holding out his hand with my umbrella.

"Here. I...I didn't get the chance to return this yesterday, sorry...and ummm thank you."

I grabbed the umbrella and told him it was okay.

"By the way, you weren't at the night class yesterday. Did something happen?" I asked while putting away my umbrella.

He flinched and looked away with a sad expression.

"No, it's nothing. I just felt a bit tired so I decided to have an early rest." he said, showing a faint smile.

I stared at his face, wondering why he made that expression. I know that wasn't all the reason to it but decided not to ask further. I replied with a short okay and there was silence again. I know something was bothering him but I just can't suddenly blurt it out and ask him.

I looked up the sky seeing a plane passed, leaving a trail on the clouds.

"Looks like it's gonna rain again huh." I mumbled, stopping from my tracks.

"What?"

I turned to Jimin before looking back up at the sky.

"You see that white trail left behind by the plane?"

Jimin looked up the sky and hummed a response.

"Well, they said that you'll know what the weather's gonna be based on that white trail. If the trail disappeared easily then it'll be sunny but if it stayed longer than a minute, then it'll likely rain. Ever since my mom told me that, I've been checking for planes and every time it happens, the weather was correct just as like she said." I smiled recalling the memory from my childhood.

"Wow. I never knew it can be known like that. That's really cool, knowing something like that." he whispered.

I glanced at him to see him still looking up. His eyes shone brightly, showing his light brown orbs. The wind brushing up his face as his hair made slight movements. In a short while, he actually looked like a normal boy who didn't know anything about dangerous things. It was calming to see this side of him.

I smiled and looked back up at the sky. "Yeah, I guess it does." I whispered.

We continued walking to the university while exchanging small talks. It wasn't that big but it was fun getting to talk to him like this. I wonder, if Jimin didn't suffer from the past, would things have been different now? If I were to meet his younger self, I would've treated him what he would've deserved to be treated.

We arrived at the room 5 minutes later than the actual time for class but we were in luck since the professor too hasn't yet arrived. I first entered the room and saw Taehyung at the same place as yesterday. He waved a hand at me and I smiled at him. He smiled back but soon turned into a frown when he saw Jimin follow behind me. I got to the place beside Taehyung and greeted him a good morning, earning a reply back. I sat down and felt Jimin did too. I was fixing my bag when Taehyung tapped me.

"Hey, did you go to school with him again? Is he forcing you or something? It looked like you to went together yesterday too. Just tell me if he's bothering you again okay?" Taehyung whispered.

I glanced at Jimin to see him taking a nap. I smiled and chuckled, turning to Taehyung.

"Don't worry, he's not forcing me or something. Since we live in the same neighbourhood, might as well go together right? Besides, this is better so that I can prevent him from meeting her." I whispered back.