2. Dynamite Comes In Small Packages

Art passes by agonizingly slow, with Gerard looking over my shoulder at my sketchbook and making rude remarks here and there. I eventually grow tired of his comments and turn to him, glaring "could you please just leave me alone? What is your problem dude?" I ask frustration leaking through my voice. He looks at me shocked, I dont give him time to answer "I can't help it that my locker is where it is! I can't help the fact that you don't make it to class on time to sit where you want! And I certainly cant help that you dont know how to keep your fucking mouth shut for five minutes!" Where did all that come from?

His smirk returns and he makes eye contact with me, causing me to look away. "Damn, didnt know you could fit that much tension in there," he says, motioning toward me and I look back up at him "I may have to start calling ya Dynamite instead..." he hums and I look back to my sketchbook "s-sorry." I say quietly "sorry? What for?" He asks, clearly confused, "I- I didn't mean to get loud, I-" the bell rings, signaling the end of the class and school day. I shoot up from my desk and start rushing to my locker. Thank (the) god(s)...

I struggle with my locker for a bit, shit its stuck... I finally manage to get it open and shove my sketchbook in my locker and grab my coffin shaped purse, slamming my locker shut. I try to speed away only to find myself pinned to the lockers, the raven haired boy in front of me, his friends close behind. "why'd you rush away so quick Dynamite? We were having a conversation weren't we?" He asks, planting his hands on either side of my head so I can't move. He looks toward the other guys for a split second and they leave, "I... I-" he cuts me off with a chuckle as he pulls away, once the other guys are out of sight "you're cute when you're flustered." He states with a smirk, winking before turning and walking off. What just happened..?

Once I regain myself I walk out of the school building and start making my way home. I pull my phone out of my pocket, followed by my already plugged in earbuds. I shove them in my ears and sigh as Sugar We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy starts playing. I step up to the front door, humming the song quietly to myself.

I walk in, expecting to see my father waiting, but only find a note on the fridge:

Y/N,
An emergency business trip came up, be back in two weeks.

xo, Dad

I sigh to myself, pulling out my earbuds and stuffing them into my pocket. I ball up the note and toss it into the trashcan. I don't really feel like eating... I walk up to my room and lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. What the fuck happened today? So much for staying under the radar I guess...

I stand up from my bed and pull an oversize sweater out of my dresser, stepping into the bathroom and turning on the shower. As the water heats up, I stare at my reflection in the mirror, damn... that's what you looked like today? Yuck. My makeup had smudged and my lips were chapped, a little faded. I have chapstick in my room somewhere, I'll look for it later... The bathroom starts getting steamy so I step into the shower, adjusting the temperature so it's not too hot or too cold

I stand there for a moment, allowing the water to hit my face, temporarily washing away the days memories.

~10-30 minutes~

I step out of the shower and onto the bath mat, watching for a second as the water drips, leaving darker specks on the mat. I shiver from the change of temperature and grab my towel, quickly drying off my body and hair, before stepping over to the counter and pulling the large sweater over my head.

I step slowly back into my room and check the time, It's already eight!? How? I shrug and walk downstairs, into the kitchen to heat up some leftover pizza.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerards POV (OOO, SWAPPY SWAP)

"S-Sorry," her voice is quiet, barely even audible, a large contrast to her yelling only seconds before, "Sorry? What for?" I ask, Why is she apologizing? I was being a complete ass. "I- I didn't mean to get loud, I-" the bell rings and she cuts herself off, jumping up from her desk and rushing out of the classroom.

I shrug and get up to go look for the guys, probably under the bleachers in the football field, they tend to skip fourth period.. well, except for Mikey, but he's probably on his way there. I make it out to the football field and sneak under the bleachers, where Frank, Ray and Mikey sit. "Hey guys," they all turn, various different greetings coming from them. "So, Gee, whatcha think about that new girl?" Ray asks, "she's to bright..." Frank mutters "and quiet, like quieter then Mikey..." Ray adds, then they all look at me, I shrug "I think she's kinda cute, a real fireball if you annoy her enough." I smirk and Mikey looks at me, "Gerard, could you be goin' soft?" He asks and I drop the smirk, "What?! For the pastel new girl? No way!" I shout, the words leaving my lips quickly as to not give them time to argue.

Some silence passes, "Whatever, let's just go get our stuff and head home." I say and we all climb out from under the bleachers and walk back into the school building. When we make it to the back of the school where our lockers are, the little new girl is pulling a pink coffin shaped purse out of her locker, cute.

I let a smirk cross my face once again, and walk quickly toward her, she trys to rush past me but I move faster and pin her against the locker, my hands on either side of her head keeping her boxed in. Her eyes widen as she looks up at me "why'd you rush away so quick Dynamite? We were having a conversation weren't we?" I ask, she gulps and I look toward the guys, signaling for them to go, which they do after quickly grabbing their stuff from their lockers.

"I... I-" once the guys are out of sight, I cut her off, chuckling lightly "you're cute when you're flustered." I state, pulling away with a wink. A bright red blush begins to take over her face, but she doesnt move as I grab my stuff and walk off.

When I exit the hallway, I see the guys glaring at me, I shake my head and start to walk off "You ARE going soft!" Frank says as he catches up, walking beside me. "I am not," I say, seriously and he puts his arm out in front of me, stopping me from walking any further "Gerard you let her go, anyone else would've at least walked off with a black eye," he says and I roll my eyes "she's a GIRL" I say, "so, you didn't even try to scare her!" He shouts and I pull my hand up to my forehead dragging it down my face, "look Frank, you guys too-" I motion towards Mikey and Ray, "I'm not going soft. I don't get soft." I state and they sigh, giving up on proving me wrong, and we all start walking home.