9 Months Later- 13

A week had passed and I had finished getting everything together in my apartment, I had just about everything I needed. Damon and had hadn't seen much of each other since our date and it actually felt nice to not constantly be with him, even though I craved him constantly.

"Lena, are you hungry?" I Questioned as I placed her in her highchair.

"Yes." She said excitedly smiling with her teeth. I smiled and walked over to the microwave to take out the Gerber meal I had heated up for her to eat. I grabbed a spoon and handed it to her and watched as she took little bites. By the time she was full, she had food all over her face.

"You silly girl." I said as I picked her up and placed her on the floor. I quickly cleaned up her food and took her hand to lead her into the bathroom.

"Bath time!" I said excitedly as I got it ready for her. I was thankful that she still loved water. Her hair was the worst to wash though.

"Baby, I'm not going to get it in your eyes. I promise." I said as I tried to convince her to let me wash her hair. She shook her head no.

"I'll give you a candy if you let me." I said bribing her with a treat. She looked from the water to me and said yes. I washed her hair, being careful not to get any in her eyes. I was happy she'd inherited my thick black hair.

"Ready to get out?'

"Yes." She said standing up and crossing her arms. I picked her up and placed her on the matt in front of the tub and wrapped a towel around her. I carried her into her room and laid her on the floor. Grabbing a green pair of pajama's I walked back over and knelt beside her to get her dressed. After dressing her I picked her up and kissed her forehead.

"What's that?" I questioned her. She looked around.

"What?

"That." I said and lifter her shirt and blew a raspberry on her tummy, resulting in her giggling and squirming.

I walked over to her crib and laid her down.

"Want you blankie?" I questioned already reaching for her most prized possession. A pale blue blanket that I hadn't even known I'd bought. It was soft and she carried it with her everywhere.

"Yes, yes." She said standing up and reaching for it. I gave it to her and wrapped around her and turned on her music. It was supposed to help her sleep but I had yet to see its effectiveness. I Walked out and shut the light off leaving on only a little lamp for light. I had already dressed for bed and wasn't too hungry so I decided to work on some school work. I got out my little netbook and logged into it. It was almost midnight when I got a phone call. I reached beside me and picked up my phone. I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyway.

"Hello?" I questioned in a perky voice.

"Nic?" I sighed and almost hung up.

"Yes?" I questioned my voice going to a monotone.