9 Months Later- 15

“Lena honey mommy needs to put your new pretty dress on.” Collette said as she chased a half-naked Lena around the room. I finally caught her and slipped the lilac dress over Lena’s head.

“Mommy, mommy.”

“Yes baby?”

“Pretty hair?”

“Yes, mommy will make your hair very very pretty. Just let me get some barrettes.”

I grabbed two black barrettes off the dresser and put them in Lena’s hair so her long bangs were out of her eyes on one side and did a braid on the other to keep the hair from her eyes. I picked her up and carried her into the bathroom.

“Lena look at your hair.” She turned her head and shrieked with delight, clapping her hands. I set her down.

“Mommy’s going to go get dressed. Play in your room until I come get you.”

She nodded her head and ran off into her room. I walked down the hall and pulled a blouse out that was blood red and showed a little belly when I wore it. I then grabbed my favorite pair of black skinnies and slid them on too. I looked in the mirror and was surprised to see Damon leaning against the door.

“Damon! You can’t just come in without a noise. I just almost had a heart attack.”

He ignored me and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

“Sorry.” 

I turned around in his arms and kissed his nose before stepping out of his embrace.

“How do I look?”

“Ugly. Hideous in fact.” He said with a joking smile. “No you look beautiful. I hope it’s not to impress another guest you’ll be having.”