9 Months Later - 20

“What happened?!” Vince shouted as he ran into the surveillance room. The guy in the seat in front of all the screens looked scary. He was huge, he sort of reminded me of a bouncer. What was scarier was the look he had on his face when Vince came in. It was one of true terror. And I didn’t blame him, if I wasn’t in complete shock I’d have killed the man myself for letting someone get away with my daughter.

“It happened during a shift change. Rob was in here and he said about 20 minutes before the change he was hit over the head. All the security footage is gone. There’s no backup of any video files. Rob said he didn’t know what had happened until I came in here and we scanned all the screens. By the time-“

“THAT IS ENOUGH! I don’t want to hear about how it happened. I want to know why it was able too!” Vince shouted at the man.

“We’ve got to call the police.” I said loudly. “They can find who took Lena right?” I questioned with tears still in my eyes.

Vince turned and his face softened as he saw me standing there. “No we can’t involve the police.” He said quietly. “But I’ll find her and bring her back.” He said stepping forward to envelope me in his arms. I didn’t even bother to push away. I felt numb.

“Who would have taken her? She’s just a little girl.” I said quietly against his chest.

“I don’t know.” He said.

***

After that Vince told me to go and take a bath in his room to help me feel better. I knew nothing would be able to make me feel better until I had Lena in my arms again. But still I obeyed him and followed Linda up to his room.

I sat on the toilet as Linda drew me a bath. I just didn’t know what to do with myself. I could barely function.

“Miss. Collette, your baths ready.” She said quietly. “I’ve left towels out for you.” She said pointing to where she had placed them. I nodded my head still to numb to really do much else.

“Do you need anything else?” She questioned.

“Maybe some tea please, something to relax me?” I questioned. Her eyes got big and she smiled.