chapter 2

~Adrien

Blasting off down the stream of so many stairs the first thing in the morning, I curse and vow for a soul to be lost for the commotion howling from the outside.

"OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE"

Bare-chested, only dressed in my loose pants and still half dozing, I intrude on the fight happening in the front yard of my packhouse and seal eyes on the accused two.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE AGAIN?" I yell, helplessly having my veins popping out of my neck.

Can I ever catch a damn break?

The answer swings in front of me. looking at two wolves attempting to pin each other down and other members distantly enjoying the show, the answer to my question is by bitter honesty unlikely to ever happen.

"stop" my bidding voice chimes into the fresh, morning air.

The wolves' muscles fight against their own volitions, swallowing the fur back in and replacing it with human skin. Human features stare back at me with bafflement. One of them steps impulsively back while the other stays firmly put.

"he-he provoked me" a stutter flees the first guy's mouth, a one that I hadn't seen inside of the pack long enough to remember his name. The other guy isn't any different in that regard.

Sewing my arms against my bare flesh, I stand as the judge that I've always been forced to play and wait for them to make their excuses.

"this asshole harassed my mate and I'm sure as hell as that he works with Greyson"

Another she-wolf assault charge and another trash dude that should be taken out. Nothing unusual, yet my comeback this time will be all but usual.

"so, what?" the other guy shrugs, flaring a daring smirk on his young complexion. "isn't she made for breeding?" glancing around him, he seeks approval on what he is indeed undue of having. "as an alpha, you're terribly unwilling of providing us with what we need. Your father had been much wiser in that regard, I bet your brother would too"

I don't think he knows what the word wise implies, because if otherwise, he wouldn't let mere words and retaliation goads cause the end of his life.

I let out a long sigh. I hate doing this, but I'm short on solutions. What a disgraceful waste of a young wolf.

My legs launch on him, quick enough to restrain any upcoming defense he might pull off. I allow my wolf an unrestrained degree of control he would usually wish for. My palms prison his neck, adding the pressure on his windpipe by the counting second.

"how about I give you another generous proposal?" I glare up at him. His body is hung up in the air, struggling against the hold that I'm not planning to loosen. "I have no need for animals like you in my pack. The pack now runs by a new reign, mine. you'll learn how to respect the pack members either wolves or she-wolves and you'll fucking learn how to give me the respect that I deserve" I purposely tune my alpha commanding voice higher, somehow ordering him of what would save him.

His muffled screams for air scrap against my hold "you're not my alpha, and you'll never be" his voice comes out of his throat interrupted and forced as he hopelessly keeps trying to break out free from my firm hand clench.

I was right about two things that I'm not exactly happy about. For first, he is indeed the furthest a sane person can be from wisdom, and for second and foremost, it is indeed a grave waste of souls.

I tighten my grip on his neck and only thrust him higher in the air. Not long, until his struggle halts and his body settles.

Once he stops moving, I throw his dead corpse on the ground, and look enough at it to sigh again.