chapter 59

~Sesil

"I came as fast as I could" my best friend steps into the room. Her hair is rolled up into a messy bun on the top of her head and her eyes are still sleep-droopy. If I didn't know better; I would say that she is the one who's pregnant with how much she slept during the last two weeks.

"Jesus Christ this residence is a maze-" her complaining groans trail off as she halts at the door, staring at the three of us.

Me sitting on the bed wearing what I'm sure of being the most devastatingly pitiful expression and hand jammed against my abdomen. An insanely charming werewolf wearing a white coat – that can instantly tell that he's a doctor – and clasping my hand, the same way a doctor would stereotypically condole a patient. and Belle standing across from me, with her jaw nearly reaching the ground in shock.

I look up at Belle, wonderingly. I wasn't the one who called Mara. I haven't even figured out where I'm. Nevertheless, the news that I'm pregnant before closing up my twenties had been enough to shake my world for me to barely care where I had been placed.

"I called her" Belle justifies, finely closing up the stretch of her lips and flattening up the astonishment from her face "I didn't know who to call. you seemed" she hesitates, swallowing for a brief second "you seemed hesitant of letting the alpha know so I figured that your best friend would be the most convenient person to call. Although I only suspected that you were ill and not" her tongue stills again and a soft shake runs up and down by the length of her throat "well not this"

I nod, battling to crack a small smile. I know it must've been hard on Belle to disobey her devotion to Adrien once again for me. I'm thankful for her and for whatever she has done for me. I might not know where I stand by now. My affection for a certain werewolf now feels intensely hurtful and fruitless. I've been the calculating type for my whole life but knowing Adrien had changed that in me, along with many other things. However, knowing Belle, jay, and Stephan is nothing I would ever regret.

My fingers gently grasp the tissue coating my belly.And I hope I will not be dragged into a stage in which I'll be regretting this baby.

Mara takes a long look at the audience. It takes roughly a minute for her to whirl the wheels in her head and snap her eyes widely open.

She takes small, soft steps into the room.

"you're pregnant" she whispers, on the verge of completely freaking out.

Belle arches a brow, amazed at my best friend's ability to tell what is the matter without the need for any explanation. I'm not surprised that she guessed. Mara had only been my best friend for four years but it does feel that we've been joined by the hip since we were born.

She advances wearily, taking a constant glance at my hand coating my flat, soon-to-be inflated belly. Elijah releases my hand and backs off to Belle's slightly distant level. Mara sits on the bed, never tearing her gaze from where Adrien had left a piece of him inside of me.

"you're pregnant" she repeats, almost as if she is going through a severe, upcoming spasm. Then she shoves a brow higher than the other and makes a face. A face that surely infers that she is thinking about the weirdest, unthinkable kind of stuff. "you're pregnant with a werewolf baby after having sex for the first time?" her statement falls off like a question and I can't help but cringe at the almost burning factual nature of it.

"second" I protest. I haven't told Mara that I've already screwed Adrien way before the bloody moon's night.

"well, you've got knocked up on your second time. Still a score" she shrugs.

"very helpful Mara, very helpful" I mock, hugging my arms around myself. It is strange how since fifteen minutes ago, I've been finding no more convenient place where I should plop my palms other than my belly.