chapter 21

~Sesil

He killed his dad?

I sit here for minutes after what he said. and I still haven't recovered from this astonishing detail that I forced him to tell me. and I don't think that I'll ever recover from it. I faintly had an idea of how much his life hasn't offered him a normal, happy childhood. I wonder if you would ever be able to get that when you're a werewolf. It is already hard enough when you're a human.

Another thing to add about him. Mother died since young age and father also dead, because he killed him himself.

He is just another soul with too many burdens to carry.

I realize that he's still gawking at me, waiting for some kind of feedback, any kind of feedback. Hopefully, as positive as I promised him minutes ago. I try to obscure the sourness of what I heard and muster the liberation of some few words. Staying as mute as I'm right now, is even worse. My lips tremble on the slightest intention of escorting anything out. My voice promises to come out unsteady. And so, I only find that shutting up for a few more minutes would be more convenient.

His patience is not generous enough as to the breadth of giving me that much time. His lips curl into a sad smile and his face grimaces for the first time in a desperate way.

"You don't need to force yourself, Sesil. I know that I'm guilty" the usual edginess that has always accompanied his voice vanishes as it becomes as submissive as ever.

My muscles freeze and my brain cells stop. I've been praying for a chance like this one since the day I've been shipped into this house, since the day I started living under his roof. Yet, now that I have it laid out for me, I'm using more effort to show that I'm unready to hear him out.

My hands lunge with no further due, grabbing his big, relaxedly open one "why don't you tell me why you did it?" I ask, eagerly, yanking him back.

His green gapes return to look at me but this time, begging for me to let him go. I know that is what he wants, but also know that is not what he needs.

Sitting back in his place beside me, his posture radically changes this time. He places his elbows on his knees and crouches down, backing up his head between his huge hands. Seeing him, suffering this way, I'm even more terrified. Terrified that even after he tells whatever he has been hiding and pushing at the back of his consciousness, that I would not be able to console him, as I should.

"I guess Laurine told you, my father wasn't a blood pack member" his eyes keep on haunting my every move, every twitch that my face expresses and every throb that my heart plows.

"He killed the former alpha, kai. But kept Luna Caroline, my mom. Because whether he wanted or not, the supreme werewolves council was never going to agree to his position as an alpha. He was a rogue and his statue would've not risen no matter whom he killed. Yet, he felt obliged to try. And so, he kept my mother as his winning card" a long pause follows. His body reacts to what he's internally feeling. His hands grab fistfuls of his short hair and his upper, bare body is sweating nonstop. He feels like two steps away from breaking down.

My hand glides on his crouching, naked back. Running soft caresses on it, I pray for it to convey the support that he is so desperately in need of. The soaring of his chest slows down and I smile on the good effect that I seem to have on him.

"He used to hit and rape her every single day in hopes that she will give him the blood pack heir that he needed. He needed to keep his endangered position and having a son of the Odol bloodline would have given him a chance" his lips twitch maturely. I know for sure that the worst is still to come.