chapter 55

~Sesil

"not a wise decision that you'll be thanking yourself for taking later on" Greyson says, his smug smile hasn't budged an inch from his egoistic face. His green eyes are set on the handful of men preparing to fight him off. Even kill him if they have the chance to. Two of them snarl at him, not exactly pleased with him placing orders.

"okay" he lets out a little chuckle on the loose. He seems so unfazed by the herd that holds the bitterest kind of contempt any heart can howl inside of itself. If there is anyone that is more terrifying and annoying at the same time for the people in this room than Adrien, that would only be his half-brother, Greyson Black.

"Just thought you would like to know that I'm not as empty-handed as I look" adjusting his cuffs, he slickens his hair backward and slips his eyes between the cracks of Adrien's wall to get another look at me.

"I've got company" he sneers, waiting for something to happen. A few seconds later, an enormous number of howls rips into the air, terrifyingly close by. Too close for anyone to feel any ounce of assurance.

"rogues type of company"

One of the moon packs' alphas thrusts himself into front lines. Lucian takes a closer look at Greyson before letting a little twitch shake his bottom lip.

"what do you want?" His calm voice can't match his composed face any more perfectly.

"to have a chat" one of Greyson's hands leaves his pocket and darts between the crowd of guests. "isn't that what this whole thing is about?"

Lucian - being currently the calmest person in the room after picking Greyson's sight two minutes ago - takes himself a careless stir as he slumbers his broad shoulders and flattens his bangs backward.

"you're not invited" Lucian says, nudging a challenging brow.

Greyson grins again. Letting out a faint chuckle, he lowers his eyes to where he stands before facing the despiteful gazes daggering at him.

"It is funny, really. how you all think that you can impose rules the way you want them and punish those who don't bend down for them. Even Push them out of those circles you call packs" his green gapes narrow, and his focus is back at us. On his brother and me behind his brother.

Picking a glass of champagne from one of the tables, he cracks a snarky smile and says "this is a party of alphas isn't it?"

Grasping the bottom of the bowl, he glares at the blood-like liquid.

"I too am a son of Alec. But I can see that your double standards don't cover up for people like me. those who are more rogues than normal wolves"

"there is a reason why rogues are not permitted-"

"rogues would've not been rogues, have you not cast them out Lucian" Greyson's voice comes interrupting, a certain degree of hidden rage is making his voice reek out closer to a primal growl.

"I had the right to belong to a pack too. My mother's death and my father's identity being a rogue himself canceled that very right and made me homeless"

A long, excruciating pause follows right after. Neither of them is much fazed by what is happening.

Lucian frees a quiet sigh "I'll ask you again. Why are you here Greyson Black?" Lucian's voice is not as calm this time. His vocals are swelling into a wearier level.

Greyson sneers again. The greenness in his irises is expanding, overflowing on the whiteness that circles them. His gazes darken and a wicked smirk dances on his brims.