chapter 63

~Sesil

Counting on it?

Greyson eyes my debriefing glance for a few seconds.

"It is about time we had that fight" he says, glaring back at the shifting blueness of the sky.

Oh no no no. Fights mean that someone is going to get hurt or worse, killed. And as crazy as it may seem, I want neither of them to get hurt. Not the sadistic one who is wishing me a very symbolical death, nor my baby daddy, stupid werewolf.

"Why do you two hate each other?" I pause for a second, backpedaling on my dense choice of words "okay I know that's a stupid question since he killed your parents but he lost his mother too"

A faint laughter erupts from the back of his throat " so he told you what happened"

"Yea and you have no idea how much effort it had took me"

It would've been nice if he was only as half-open as Greyson is. Although there is no greater ridiculousness than the fact that I'm now comparing both of them.

The cold breeze tickles his short hair strands. Unlike the coolness that he had shown me until now, his jaw clenches with a frightening rigidness and the tension begins radiating from his body.

"Well, I didn't and still don't particularly like my parents"

Figured as much. With all the unhealthy family bonds that I've witnessed since the day I became the Luna, I should always know better than to expect for any of those werewolves that I've met and yet to meet, to have had a normal childhood and a loving family. I just hope God will give me the strength to make it different for my kid.

"They couldn't care less about the little kid they had on a whim really" he continues. My dad had always told me that to the extent that it became a constant memory. Yet for a person to admit it himself must be the result of a mightier level of pain and misery that I haven't reached.

"But my father was a rogue and my mother's life was the only thing that granted me my staying in the midnight pack"

The midnight pack? The pack in whose alpha, Vivian had kicked outside on the night of the assembly.

"I got Chased out and yet he had it all"

He had it all? Is he talking about Adrien?

Because if he is, then that's a load of bull. Having a pack haven't granted Adrien the peace of mind he craved. He had to stay in the same place in which his mom had been unrighteously killed and endure all kinds of unjustified, spiteful glares that everyone used to give him.

"He didn't exactly have the childhood that you think he had" I protest, daring to take a step closer to him. I'm starting to feel cold even in the layers of clothes swirling around me and his heat seems unbelievably tantalizing. That besides every other tempting thing he has and I'm trying to not be pulled into.

Greyson grins a knowing smile. As if he anticipated – or at least as he thought – that I would stand on Adrien's side. However, in this matter, I'm not standing on anyone's side. I'm being neutral. I know that Adrien hadn't lived the peace and leisure that Greyson is accusing him of having. I've seen it even before being told of it.

"What could be more than being chased out as a child, obviously you don't know what awaits a kid beyond the walls of his pack" he takes me off guard when he seizes the last remaining steps that are separating us. His arm swivels around my waist and he pulls me closer to his sturdy chest. I think about protesting but I decide against it. Until now, for a person who is willing to kill me, I still strangely have a fraction of his favor and I would rather not shatter it now. Not before I find a way out of this place. In addition, with the chilling air torturing my skin, him being a beacon of flames, is a little bit more than helpful in tuning down the arctic flavor of the air.