chapter 3

~Sesil

I reach my house after a long and painful journey of running and bumping into everyone who was walking my path. I close the door behind me, struggling to inch down the heat that rose in my body, the moment my eyes met the oddly breathtaking stranger.

Striving to empty my mind, I stride directly to the bathroom, my hands are already peeling off the pieces that coated my skin with every trudge that I take inside the house. I fill the tube and hop in it, only sparing my eyes and my nose from the tickle of the hot water.

Who was that guy? Why did I feel that I should hug and cuddle with that guy? Why did I feel unsafe when he released my hand? I mean, sure he was handsome, but I'm pretty sure of myself being desensitized to someone's looks, and not even his looks would make me magically dote on him after seeing him for measly once.

Okay, I breathe out

no matter who he is, let's just make sure not to meet him again, because, I'm just either not comfortable being close to him, or too comfortable being with him. Which is extremely odd either way, for a guy I don't even know.

I exit the bathroom, put on a large sweater and shorts, and throw my tired body on the bed, only staring at my plain ceiling until I receive a message from Mara.

Sis, what the hell was that between you and Adrien Black? Are you two a thing?

What the heck does she mean? no, of course, we're not a thing, I've never met this dude.

No Mara, I don't even know him.

No shit, you two looked like you could use a room

A what now?

What are you talking about?

I send the message and swallow nervously as I impatiently wait for her response. worry rises in my mind as I doubt that what I felt back then, was clearly traceable through my gestures.

you two kept weirdly looking at each other Sesil, and Adrien is a guy that you better stay away from!

What do you mean?

Let's just say he's not a guy you would casually introduce to your parents.

Well, she does have a point. Even with his good looks and alluring presence, he seems to fit any description but ordinary. His glares are icy yet saturated with burning need, he has a dominant aura swirling around him that makes people want to give in to his orders, just by the mere look at his face. Charismatic but more on the scary side.

I shut my phone off before shifting my face to meet the other side, and close my eyes as I let myself gather the last, remaining glimpses that I stole of him.

**

The alarm's loud whining cries from the table placed beside my bed. My hand spans lazily to slap it shut. 

"I need to throw this thing, it is gonna cause me a heart attack someday"

I wash my face and open the door of my mom's room to make sure she is back from her shift. My face muscles relax when I find her sound asleep. She must be tired.

I enter the kitchen, prepare breakfast for both of us, eat, and write a note for her to read when she wakes up.

Once I reach college, I meet Mara and Jason at the entrance. Living together forces them to always stick side by side, sometimes more than how much they would've prefered. We greet each other shortly as Mara wastes no time speaking on how much she loves and adores jay. Only the professor's entry is powerful enough to save us from her never-ending lovesick blabbering.