Chapter 45

~Sesil

Vivian was right. She is not friendly, not even polite. She's a first-class bitch.

"A Luna?" she scoffs jeeringly. Her manner of talking angers the man clasping me closer to him, yet he refrains from speaking. Strange. Adrien is not the type to bother with containing his anger. Not even with his underlings. I've seen him blow his agitation on the closest ones to him once they make what he considers a mistake. But here he is. Acting like a paradox to his own self.

"yes, your Luna" he grinds his teeth but still abstain from responding roughly.

She rolls her eyes in a fast move. Whomever she thinks herself she is. She is confident enough to think that she has no need to hide her contempt for me.

Displeased, I frown at her too. Introductions' time is over. She is not a friend. Period.

"Well, well, who do we have here?" Vivian climbs down the stairs. In a matter of seconds, she is already facing scarlet head to head. Their high heeled heights are nearly even.

"Alpha Vivian. You're here" scarlet says with a put on enthusiasm. I am not even sure she wants to show that she's happy to see her, since the frown never leaves her face.

"Yes sweetheart I'm here" Vivian nudges an eyebrow. Her stance is saturated with arrogance

"And now you're here" she rolls her eyes "I have a feeling that you keep following me everywhere like a dog. It is weird how I aspired for a vacation away from you and here you are again in front of my eyes" she smirks disgustingly, giving her an inferiorly up and down regard "nothing goes my way. Apparently"

Vivian wins this fight. She has all traits to face on a mean, slutty woman, and scarlet is no more than that.

Awkwardness pools in the room as we regard the redhead and the blonde shooting daggers at each other. A silent, deadly staring competition.

Scarlet is the first to give up. Grabbing her suitcase, she forces another alluring smile on her alpha before she makes her way out of our group and into the pack house.

"Well, a way to spoil my morning mood" Vivian scoffs again.

Her eyes meet mine. Her heightened senses and special talents take in my discomfort.

"I would've watched out for my man if I were you," she says, as usual, not bothering to choose her words with any ounce of carefulness. She had been this way from day one. She wants to say something, she says it. She wants to do something, she fucking does it. To hell with consequences. And I admire that about her.

I give her a light nod. I am drinking in her words and know exactly how they taste. It is a warning, a bitter one and a warning that I shall not take lightly.

"Vivian" Adrien sighs annoyingly. Looks like talking about him as a stealable object has annoyed him. He might be well versed in everything, but in the matters of women, he is not. Not enough at least. What a woman wants, a woman, both fortunately and unfortunately gets.

Vivian looks around, eyeing the rest of the group

"You and belle are safe trough" she jokes, throwing her words on the other two girls in the group. Belle and Mara.

Mara has been staying in the pack house more or less permanently now. She says that Jay has advised so, in order for her to get used to her new reality, she has to live the longest in it, to adapt to it. He wants her to go through the bad and the good of being a human mate. Unlike me though, she's not under a severe case of house arrest. She can still go outside, even meet Jason and relay my regards to him. She can attend classes as well, even better now that she has company. I'm glad that they are having a steady, honest and healthy relationship. That makes one of us at least.