chapter 26

~Adrien

Our steps prowl their way back to the packhouse after I wear the robe jay brought for me. Sesil runs her concerned eyes over my body, trying to ascertain herself that I'm not harmed.

I swallow hard. I should be the one checking her out. I literally left her and the rest of my pack unprotected in here when I knew that the rogues will be coming to my pack's territory once they sniff my absence.

I let my imagination run wild. I better picture her reaction in order to ease myself when she snaps on me. or even worst, when she wants to leave.

She can't leave. I'm used to being left behind. But not by her, I will never let her leave my side. No matter how much she tries I'll never let her leave me behind. Even if I have to tie her up and lock her in my room.

My jaw clenches and the rest of my body is no less rigid. Walking side to side and having her little fingers clinched onto my arm, she easily detects the sudden change of the level of my tenseness.

She leans in a slow motion, trying to get a better look at my face. My face has been down from the moment we slipped into the packhouse and I want it to stay this way. Steering it elsewhere would mean risking to meet her gaze that just have to be accusive. Her long curly hair falls down -leaving her shoulders and back- it swings midair and into the frame that my lowered orifice has limited access to.

"Why are you avoiding to look at my face?" she finally questions, as she keeps clinging to my arm and even tightening her fragile hold.

She probably knows the but she wants to hear it out from me.

"Why don't you accuse me?" I ask, keeping my calm. I surge my face from the ground and get a clear look at her worried face.

"you know that they attacked you because of me" I keep my face stony and cold. I've never wore my emotions on my face. It is a thing that you learn the hard way when you're living in a place in which everyone is trying to kill you. Yet, it is the hardest when I'm with her. Looking at her hazel eyes, every wall that I've spent twenty-five years of my life building around my secrets crumbles down.

I don't think I can pick up solid excuses for what I did. I only wanted to eliminate anything that could construct a valid danger to her safety.

My only resolution is to prepare myself to her accusation and her potential violent protest to leave this place and get the furthest she can away from me. I want her to let it all out, all the horrible things she thinks of me. However, no matter how much she wants to relinquish, her call will never be answered.

She stares blankly at me for a few moments as I stare back as well. Right after, she drags me up the stairs, probably toward our room. I lead my way after her with no antagonism, trying my best to make it easier for her to drag my huge body right toward the destination she wants.

She pushes the door open, using how much power her slim arms provide her with. Struggling to swing my body inside of the room, she closes the door behind us.

"sit" she orders, firmly. Running her hand over her curly hair, she smooths out some strands that disturbed her view.

I do as she tells me with no objections, sitting on the top of the bed and putting my palms on the messy sheets to support my leaning weight. There weren't many times in which I received orders from someone else. Being an alpha makes your life revolves around giving orders and not the other way around. My wolf is not exactly helping in this regard.

But receiving orders from my one and only mate isn't bad at all. It feels rather amusing and satisfying, beholding her giving instructions and showing her impact.