Chapter 2: Discovering

I woke up at 7 am immediately thinking about food. I rolled out of bed and into my bathroom, brushed my teeth, and took a shower I had to go to work to open at 8:30. By the time I went to the kitchen to make a breakfast sandwich make iced coffee. I ate my breakfast and watched the news, nothing interesting as always. It was 8 am when I decided to head out to work. I got halfway there and decided to get more coffee from the coffee shop nearby and I noticed the black car again, I headed to the restaurant as fast as I could, I opened the door quickly. I signed in relief and I was shocked by Harrison. "HARRISON!"

"Y/N!" He said in shock as well. "Are you okay?!"

"Umm yeah, I've noticed this black car following me last night and I noticed it right now."

"WHAT! Y/N YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME, SOMETHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED." As he shouted Tom walked in very confused.

"Ay mate what's wrong?"

"Y/n just told me a car was circling the block targeting her and last night and this morning." Tom got red, he walked outside and made a phone call and whoever was on the other end of the line probably got their ear rupture because I could hear him, kinda it sounded muffled but still.

"Harrison it's fine, I'm fine why are you guys making a big fuss."

"Y/n I care about you, you take care of my restaurant and keep my place running, and- and-" he looks over at Tom. "You're just important okay!" I was very confused but I didn't pry anymore.

TOM's POV

I walked into the restaurant and I noticed that Haz was angry. "Ay mate what's wrong?"

"Y/n just told me a car was circling the block targeting her and last night and this morning." I could feel my blood boiling and I went outside to make a phone call.

"Yes, Tom?"

"Harry, I need you to listen to me closely. Harrisons has this manager for his restaurant. She needs protection, details aren't important. Send me Charlie!"

"Okay, okay, slow down Tom. I'll send out Charlie, but you don't do this type of thing, is she more than just Harrison's manager?" Harry questioned me.

"Fuch off Harry, I'm the boss you don't question me." I shouted back and hung up the phone. I walked back inside and pulled Haz aside. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask Haz

"Does it have something to do with us? Yeah!"

"Okay, so I called Harry and sent out for Charlie, he'll drive her everywhere she needs to go and make sure she gets home alright."

"Good idea, but who's going to tell her? Personally, it'll sound more serious coming from you." I went blank, Haz is right. I prepared myself mentally and I walked over to y/n.

"Y/n we need to talk I know this going to sound weird but A man is going to be here shortly, Charlie he'll drive you wherever you need to go and be with you at all times until you are home that you will have to yourself still." I explained as quickly as I could.

Y/N's POV

I took a deep breath to just register what Tom just told me and I was very confused at first off it must have been serious that TOM had to tell me.

"But why!?"

"You just need to trust us." Harrison stepped on and said

"I- I mean I guess i'll let Charlie follow me around." Wow, all this for just some black car. Then it hit me all the secrets, mystery, the guns they carry, why Haz is never at the restaurant, the fact that tom has a spare security guard. "OMG, YOU'RE A MOBSTER AREN'T YOU?" Harrison and Tom froze and lost their color.

"I- I- Tom?" Harrison couldn't say a word "I think we should tell her the truth." Tom sighed.

"Y/n you're... right. How'd you figure it out so fast!?"

"I told you she was smart." Harrison laughed.

"I have my ways." I replied smugly. We all laughed.

"So you now understand why I'm not always here and why you're a target to some very dangerous people." Harrison explained it to me and things started to make more sense.

"Okay I understand, so when will Charlie get here?"

"His car is outside, Navy and he'll be waiting for you outside" Tom replied without looking up from his phone.

"Y/n you can take the day off, so you can go."

"Alright thank you, bye boss, bye Tom" I went outside and immediately saw Charlie and he took me home and also walked me to my apartment door then he left.

How Things Change On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara