Chapter 17: Why

(** TW mention of abuse**)

"I said let's go," I pulled him again walking to the other side of the store to self checkout. It's him. I can't believe it's him. What is he doing here? Matthew shouldn't be here. I was finally happy. Getting on with my life, with some who loves me.

"Slow down, love!" Tom had a very confused face and looked around the store. "Why are you freaking out and rushing?"

"I'm not freaking out," I say as I scan the items.

"Okay then why are you rushing?"

I paused to think of an excuse, "to get back to what we were doing earlier," I looked back up and smiled. Tom wasn't pleased or convinced.

"Oh hey y/n! Long time so see!" His voice made my whole body shiver.

I turned around slowly, "Hello," Matthew went in for a hug but I stood behind Tom instead.

"Come on don't be like that." He said as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"You know you can't be near me, please go!"

Matthew ignored my request and looked at Tom, who looked very confused, "Sorry for being rude, let me introduce myself, I'm Matthew!" and reached his hand out.

Tom's face when stone cold. Tom stepped a few inches closer to Matthew, "listen dick I don't know what you're playing at and I don't wanna know but youre going to leave right now."

Matthew put his hand down and also changed his expression. At this point I was squeezing Toms shirt. "What are you doing to do about it?" Matthew took a minute staring at us, "Oh I see, you guys are fucking and playing 'together." He smiled.

"I'm not gonna ask you again, leave?"

Matthew leaned into Tom's face, "you know she'll never be what you need her to be. She's just there to please, nothing more nothing less."

At this point tears are trailing down my face and I'm just standing not being about to move. "That's it." Tom yelled then punched Matthew in the face knocking him to the floors. I look up at the ceiling and scan for the cameras, thankfully we're in a blind spot.

"Okay, Tom let's good!" I pleaded. I scanned everything quickly and we went to the car. Tom opened my door in a huff and I quickly got in. As we left the parking lot Matthew was at the store doors. I looked away quickly. Tom wasn't even speaking to me at this point he's still breathing heavily. "Say something."

"You should've told me!"

"I wanted to avoid problems, clearly that did not work."

"Okay, okay let's just not think about this today."

"Agreed," I nodded. The drive home was just filled by the radio. We pulled up to the driveway and then we saw headlights behind us.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Tom yelled and jumped out of the car. I did too.

"Tom!"

"Y/n go inside." Tom and Matthew were a few feet away. "You shouldn't have come here, do you have a death wish or something?"