Chapter 3: My new life

I went inside and Charlie didn't leave until I put both locks on the door. I know it was early but I just had to take another shower to relax, I was mind blown on how I figured that out so fast, sure I acted all smug but I was just as shocked as Harrison and Tom. Tom, Tom, Tom he actually SPOKE to me like eye level and everything given the situation at hand I am now just realizing what just happened. Harrison said dangerous people, I wonder if it's another mob. I slowly lost my train of thought as the music played. I got into comfy clothes and tied my hair into a bun. I got in bed and decided to watch Grey's Anatomy, I got hungry halfway through the episode and decided to go out and get something to eat and maybe window shop. I got out of bed and put on a blouse, jacket, and jeans with boots and got my purse and keys, and headed downstairs. I got down to the front front and hall and saw Charlie who immediately stood up when he saw me.

"Hello Miss, where am I taking you?"

"Oh um hello, we're going to the mall then going to get something to eat." I nervously said. Charlie and I headed to his car and I got a text 'Be safe Darling' from an unknown number, I replied with 'Tom?.' Charlie opened the car door.

"Where are we headed?" He asked

"The mall... for now I guess, didn't think about it too much." I was nervous. I've never had a bodyguard.

"Alright, to the mall it is." Charlie just follows orders, it's weird. A few minutes into the car ride I got a reply from the unknown number, 'Yes, Darling?' I blushed so hard, Tom has my number, Tom has my freaking number AH! He probably got it from Harrison.

"Miss we are here." I went to open the door and Charlie saw and locked it. "Miss you cannot open the door, orders from the boss."

"Oh like from Harrison?" Charlie laughed a bit and I looked at him confused.

"You're funny Miss but no, Toms my boss." I was in shock, Tom Mob Boss mhm. Charlie and I walked around the mall, he always stood a few feet behind me and always opened my doors, he even tried to hold my bag but I finally gave in and let him hold some. After I bought a few things we headed to the food court, I ordered Chinese food and Charlie just stood next to me.

"Charlie, aren't you going to eat?"

"No Miss, I'm on the job." He was very polite about everything.

"So as long as you're with me you're on the job?" I question.

"Yes, Miss." This is weird. It looks like I have the secret service with me because Charlie is over 6 feet tall and has a black suit and shade on. I look important, well am I? Harrison said I was, then looking at Tom, so am I important to Tom, is this why I have a Charlie now? I was eating and my train of thought continued and a man came up from the table while Charlie went to a vending machine to get me some water.

"Hey Baby, how you doing?" He sat down without asking. "I'm Bruce." I was very weirded out and couldn't even get a word out because I was uncomfortable.

"I- umm." Immediately I saw Charlie stand behind Bruce and I froze."

"Sir I am going to have to ask you to leave." Charlie was very stern.

"Really? And who are you to tell me t-" Bruce stood up and saw Charlie and froze mid-sentence. I swear the color left his body.

"I will not repeat myself again Sir." Bruce left immediately and I laughed so hard.

"Charlie did you see the look on his face." I continued to laugh, Charlie chuckled a bit. "I thought you were supposed to be here for protection against other mobs." Charlie stopped laughing "not weird guys who try to hit on me." I noticed that Charlie stood very still. "Unless... Tom told you not to let guys near me, along with the obvious to protect me from danger." Charlie put his head down for a second.

"Miss you shouldn't really not assume things." He turned bright pink. I didn't pry him with questions anymore and finished up my meal. Charlie and I walked out to the car. He put my bags in the truck, opened the door for me and we started to drive home. We drove for about 10 minutes and Charlie parked on this unknown street.

"Charlie where are we?" I had a bad feeling about this. Charlie turned around to look at me.

"I need to do something for the boss, I'll be back in a few minutes. I'll be as quick as I can and you'll lock the doors as soon as I get out." I still had a bad feeling but I agreed. 3 minutes passed and this guy in a suit broke into the car window on the other side of me, I let out a bloody scream. The guys opened the car and came at me with a knife first. He got dragged out the car but cut my arm with the knife. Charlie took the knife and threw it somewhere and started to beat the crap out of him, I started to lose consciousness. "Miss hey! Hey! Oh know the boss is gonna kill me."

"Uhhh" I mumbled. Charlie drove, like really fast I think we flew because we drove so fast I couldn't feel the bumps in the road. I heard Charlie talking on the phone and the other person on the line sounded very angry. I was half asleep but I saw that huge house that we arrived at, I blacked out.

TOM's POV

I was in my office filing some paperwork and I got a phone call from Charlie. "Hello."

"Boss I am so sorry I left her alone for just 2 minutes, please don't kill me..." Charlie spoke so fast but I understand exactly what he was talking about.

"Charlie I gave you one simple task, to watch over a simple woman." I yelled through the phone, I was angry. "Is she hurt?"

"A bleeding arm boss." I got even madder.

"Bring her here!" I yelled so loud I felt my vocal cords shake.

"Already on my way boss! Come outside." I went outside to the front and Charlie was racing. I opened the back door to the car and saw Y/N all bloody and she was very weak. I swear if I wasn't so mad I would have cried.