12: Her Broken Dream

The clouds were a soft pink, huddled together in some places, scattered in others. The blue of the sky peaked out of some faint lines and the sun was a brilliant orange. I felt warm drops of water drop onto my cheeks and knew that I was crying.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" I heard him whisper into my ear as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. I leaned onto him and sighed with peace and fullness.

"Nothing's wrong," I told him quietly, love woven into my words. "Everything's just right."

"How're my little bundles doing?" He asked as he rested his chin onto my head. I looked down at my lap and smiled with joy. My arms cuddled a sleeping child ontop of a bulging belly that held two small, still developing lives.

"They're fine, just sleeping," I whispered to him and he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, Annie. You are my life, my love. You are the only person that I have ever loved, that I have ever cared about, and I know that as long as you live, I will be with you, and when you die, I will follow you into the eternal sleep." With those last words, the dream shifted and morphed into something else.

Everyone I had ever met was standing around me, each on shouting something different over and over again, Crystal was there with a dress stained with blood, Mommy was crying in a heart shattering sob, and Adam. Adam was just standing there, quietly whispering his words, but each time they got louder and louder and soon I was bent over, trying desperately to block out his words. All he said was; You left me to die, to die, to die!

Soon the other voices got louder too and I started hearing them;

You are useless

You forgot

You can do better

You didn't do it right

You hurt her

You upset me

You annoyed me

You made it bad

We don't like you

We hate you

We told you to do better

We told you to listen

We made you better

We

Made

You

Broken

And

That

Is

Good.

Soon I woke up, and all I did was sob. I did not answer Evan when he asked what was wrong. Instead I tried to forget. But trying to forget it was not possible, trying to forget the feeling of acceptance and peace, trying to forget Adam's face covered in gashes and purple bruises and his crumpled nose that had looked like it had been shattered. I just couldn't forget the feeling of causing that. I knew it now. I knew that I wanted to die.

Hope you guys like your Christmas present!!!! Dedicated to the only person that listened to my messages sent to ALL my fans *glaring at the rest of the fans that like this story*

Comment please!!! Do you think I should have a chapter in Cody and/or Adams POV's?