7: Something Bad

I guess this chapter is a bit rushed, so I'm sorry to my poor feet. And sorry that it's so short too. Oh, and it will be in Cody's POV for a while, he is a secret spy right now 8)

Picture on the side is Cody's car :) my altime dream car.

Cody's POV (Skipped over 3 school days)

"Bye, Crystal!" I yelled up the stairs. "I'll be back in a few hours!"

"Bye! See you at dinner time!" she yelled back. I smiled and closed the front door, then started the long walk towards the girl's hotel. I cringed, remembering of how I had figured out where she lived, all I was saying right now was; bikes aren't good for chasing after trucks. After at least half an hour, I finally got to the road that led to her hotel. I didn't even know what her name was, but I didn't really care. All I cared about was making her say she was sorry for talking to my little sister like that. As soon as I could see the hotel, I went into spy mode. I ducked behind a tree, then stealthily sneaked over to the door, quietly putting my ear to the door to listen inside.

"Get up! You sniveling fool! I told you to make me lunch, not this pile of burnt food!" I heard a man's voice yell, then I heard something hit flesh. Then a young gilr's voice cried out. I could barley keep myself from running in to help her, but I stopped myself. Was this really the girl that had been so bad to Crystal? Or maybe I had just picked the wrong hotel room. 

"Daddy?" I heard a small, young voice call out in a pained voice.

"What, you little brat?" the man's voice yelled again.

"Could I make food for myself too?" her voice sounded scared.

"No! I told you only two times a week, and I meant it! And since you broke a rule, you will be punished." Then I heard what sounded like a whip, hitting flesh. I heard a whimper and then the sound again, again followed by a whimper. I backed away from the door slowly, I couldn't take it anymore, I was listening to torture. How could I ever hurt someone who went through that probably daily? I couldn't, but I might be able to help her.

"Hey, Crystal?" I whispered into her bedroom, trying to figure out if she was still awake.

"What?" she whispered back and I breathed out a sigh. I went in, closed the door after me quietly, then sat on her bed.

"I have to tell you something about the girl that was mean to you" I said, tasting bile in my mouth, before swallowing it down again.

"What about her? You know she's been ignoring me every since Tuesday?" she asked, quickly sitting up.

"No, I didn't know that. But I still have to tell you something about her." I took a deep breath and then finally told her about what was happening. After I was done, all she did was hang her mouth open, trying to comprehend what I had said. 

"How- How could someone do that?" she whispered, still in shock.

"I don't know" I told her, "but we need to help her."

"How?"

"We'll find a way."

Again, I'm sorry it's so short!!!!