{chapter 7}

Aang got home and closed the front door behind him. He herd yelling from Zhao's office. "I guess he's back." Aang thought to himself. Zhao is Aang's Guardian the person who basically taught Aang to be a dick and play with girls like toys. Aang hated Zhao but was also thankful for him. Gyatso was Aang's first Guardian after his parents died.

Aang was 11 and just got back from school. He opened the front door with the key that his parents gave him. He walked into his house and herd a shot and a blood curdling scream along with loud sobbing. Aang dropped his back back on the floor and ran upstairs. When he got their he saw the most horrific scene. His mother laying on the ground, shot in the chest. His father kneeling next to her holding his mother tightly crying into her shoulder. There was a tall man in all black standing just staring at Aang's mother and Father. The man laughed then turned around and looked at Aang. The man chuckled and walked past Aang closing the room door on his way out. Aang ran to his mother and father. "D-dad is mom o-okay?" Aang asked while crying. "No son. She's not. She's passed." Aang's father said while still crying. "Why did that man come? Why did he kill mom?" Aang asked. "Because daddy played the wrong game, and he didn't win. So he cheated. And this was his punishment." Aang stood up. "SO ITS YOUR FAULT! MOM DIED BECAUSE YOUR A SORE LOSER!" Aang yelled at the top of his lungs. Aang's fathers heart broke. "I-I'm sorry Aang. I never meant for this to h-happen." His father explained. Aang calmed down a bit. He figured since his mom is gone his dad is the only person he's got left. 2 months past and the death of Aang's mom affected his father greatly. One day Aang came back from school and set his things by the door. "DAD IM HOME!" Aang shouted. He got no response. Aang started to get nervous. He sprinted to the kitchen and that's when he saw it. His father. Dead. Hanging from the ceiling. Beside him was a not with Aang's name on it.

Dear Aang,
I know you may be angry at me for this decision, and you have every right to be. But after your mother died every breath I took pained me. I felt like I had no purpose in this world without you mother, the love of my life. So I thought about it long and hard, and I came to the conclusion that my life would only get worse. So I decided to join your mother in the spirit world. We will be watching over you and always love you with all our hearts Aang. And not matter what always remember that I am proud of you.

Aang thew the note across the room and screamed. He looked at his father still hanging. "YOU LEFT ME! YOU THINK YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE HURTING?! YOUR SELFISH!" Aang fell to his knees and cried. Hard. He reached for the phone. And tried to dial 911 but it took him a while because his vision was blurry from his tears and he was shaking violently. He finally dialed the number and the police picked up. "911 what's your emergency?" Aang held the phone to his mouth. "H-hi m-my name is A-aang and I c-came h-home and f-found my dad h-had k-k-killed h-h-himself." Aang stuttered and started sobbing again. "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry honey we are sending officers to you now." Aang hung up the phone and waited on the floor till the cops came.

Once they came they busted Aang's door down and saw him curled up crying in the corner next to his father hanging from the ceiling. An old man with a white beard walked up to Aang. "Hello Aang. I am chief Gyatso. I am so terribly sorry you had to go through this. Come with me." Aang looked at Gyatso and took his hand.

After some time Gyatso became attached to Aang and decided to Adopt him. Gyatso and Aang had a great relationship and had a lot of fun together. But that didn't last long. Gyatso died when Aang was 13, thats also when Aang discovered he was the Avatar. When Aang herd Gyatso had died while protecting a family from getting shot it triggered his Avatar state. Aang was sent to Foster care but all the employees made sure to treat Aang extra well considering he was the Avatar. When Aang was 14 he was finally Adopted by Zhao.

Aang was thankful that Zhao had gotten him out of foster care and gave him food, water, freedom, and shelter. But he also hates him because he was the leader of a very dangerous gang. Zhao also gambled, like Aang's father did, but he played dirty. He tried made sure he won, meaning he cheated. But he nothing ever happened to Zhao because of his status. Now if anyone beat Zhao even if it was fair and square he would send his little henchmen to go teach that person a lesson.