{Chapter 25}

"Very well. We are very open with each other. We trust and respect each other greatly." Lin nodded and looked at Iroh who nodded back at her. "What if I told you your girlfriend wasn't as much of an angle you thought she was?" Lin asked more aggressively then she intended to sound. "Lin!" Iroh shouted, Lin looked over to her partner. "A word." They both walked behind a large book shelf. "You know I respect you a lot Lin-" "get to the point!" Lin snapped. Iroh sighed feeling his patience slipping. "I can't help but feel like your taking sides." Iroh stated confidently. Lin looked at him like he was insane. "How dare you say that about me!" "I'm only telling you the truth! From the first time we met Katara you thought she was the one that killed Meng even thought 4 people had her same exact story as her, and to put the icing on the cake there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE she did anything and if I wasn't here I bet you would have already put the girl behind bars. The first person that comes along saying that they suspect Katara you trust them without a second thought!" Lin stays quiet her anger rising at every word that comes out of Iroh's mouth.

Aang leans on the other side of the book shelf listening to every word the two officers share.

"I think us working together isn't such a great idea." Lin says quietly. "Why?! Because you can't handle the truth?! I mean seriously what kind of cop are you?" That was all it too for Lin to loose her cool. "ONE OF THE BEST COPS OUT THERE AND THE COP THAT IS GOING TO SOLVE THIS CASE I KNOW THAT KATARA IS RESPONSIBLE ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT YOUR JUST SO BLIND THAT YOU CANT SEE A MURDERER EVEN WHEN ONES STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!" Lin shouted. "AND YET YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE ITS YOU AND TYLEES WORD AGAINST KATARA'S, AZULA'S, TOPH'S, MAI'S, AND SUKI'S, AND HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET THE AVATARS TOO?! WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN IN FRONT OF THE JUDGE?! EVEN IF SHES GUILTY WE ARE FIGHTING A WAR WE CANT WIN FOR SPIRITS SAKE SHES DATING THE FUCKING AVATAR LIN GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!" Iroh yelled.

Aang smirked, "damn right who do you think is gonna win when she's dating me?" Aang thought with a cocky grin across his face.

"Your giving up to early. It's different if the Avatar killed that girl, but he didn't his girlfriend did. Not him. I will put Katara behind bars it's your choice if your going to stand next to me when I do or go down defending the murder." Lin stated walking past Iroh and making her way back to Aang.

He quickly used his air bending to run back to his seat not forgetting to take out the batteries and the memory card from the camera. Aang positioned himself perfectly and calmed his breathing and heart rate to appear like he never left his seat.

Lin and Iroh sat across from Aang. "Alright we decided to just ask you all the same questions we asked everyone else." Iroh said and Aang nodded.

~~~

"Okay Tylee I'm leaving now." Kayla said slipping her shirt onto her body. "Nooooo! Can't you stay a little longer?" Tylee pleaded standing from the bed holding the thin sheet to cover her body. Kayla smiled. "No Tylee I have to leave now I have to figure how I'm going to get that sexy man from Katara's grip and into my bed." Kayla said licking her lips and collecting her stuff from around Tylee's room. Tylee groaned. "You are but another person that is using me for pleasure and throwing me away like a piece of garbage, why does no one want me?" Tylee whined her face in a pillow to hide her smirk. Kayla sighed, "Tylee you know that's not true I care about you, but let's not try to switch it up you used me every time That girl-" "Azula." Tylee corrected. "Yeah Azula didn't want you. But you can't deny the Avatar is hot." Tylee sat up. "Very. And I already know how amazing he is in bed." Tylee smirked, Kayla gasped. "NO you slept with him?!" Tylee nodded proudly. "Oh my spirits was it big?!" Tylee nodded. "Very big. I think I have an idea." Kayla looked at Tylee. "What is it?" "How about we share him." Tylee suggested. "You mean-" "yes that's exactly what I mean." Tylee said through half lidded eyes. Kayla smirked, "I like the sound of that I'm in. But for real I have to go." Tylee hopped off the bed and slipped on a short flowy pink dress. "I'll walk you out then."