{chapter 16}

"I can't tell you here. There are to many people around. And to many cameras." Katara said standing up. "We need to leave, we need to be off school property completely." Katara said grabbing Aang's hand and dragging him out the room. "I'm sure whatever it is I can smooth out. I mean I am the Avatar." Aang said. "This is the kind of thing only your allowed to do, there no smoothing out you can do for me." Katara said. They walked out the school. "Where's your car?" Katara asked. "Aang pointed to his car and they walked over. Aang unlocked it and they both got in. Katara pushed a button to lock the car doors. She looked at Aang, he was nervous everything she was doing seemed very suspicious and almost like what Tylee had told him was true. "What did you do Katara?" Aang asked in a shaky voice. Katara played with her hair. "Well I hurt someone." Katara said in a low voice. "Okay... how bad did you hurt them?" Aang asked. "Really bad.." "how bad????" Katara took a deep breath. "So bad that they closed their eyes.... and they are never going to open them again." Aang was frozen. Just staring at Katara in shock. "This loving sweet girl in front of me... killed someone?" Katara was getting worried. "It was by accident! I didn't mean to kill her, she was trying to kill me! I had terrible bruises on my neck." Katara said. Aang calmed down a little bit. "At least it was self defense, she wasn't killing someone just for the hell of it." Aang sighed. "Who did you kill?" Aang asked. Katara nervously laughed. "Now this is the part that's hard to tell you specifically." Aang looked at her confused.

"I killed Meng."

Aang stood frozen for a second. "Y-you killed Meng?" Aang asked staring into space. Katara nervously nodded. "OF COURSE! That's why the day Meng was pronounced dead you had more of a reaction then I did! Because you feel guilty for ending someone life!" Aang yelled. "Yes yes but can you please not yell?" Katara asked quietly. Aang nodded. "So you do you hate me?" Katara asked. "Are you going to tell the police?" Katara asked nervously. Aang sighed.

"No. I don't hate you. I could never hate you. I lo- really like you. Like a lot. You do something to me Katara, I don't know what it is... but something about you, just makes me want to be better. And I feel terrible for sleeping with Tylee when I'm in lo- when I really like you. Like a lot. If jumping off a building will make you forgive me, I will do it. No hesitation, because I lo- I like you. More than I've ever liked anyone in my entire life. I will do anything for you. I will not talk to another female for the rest of my life if that is what you want." Aang said tearing up a bit. Katara laughed to push back the tears that were gathering in her eyes. "Oh Aang.." Katara brought her hand up and caressed his cheek. They both let their tears run down their faces and stared into each other's eyes. Blue crashing with grey, they knew they loved each other, they didn't even have to say anything. They could see it in each others eyes, they could feel it. They knew they both made mistakes but they would always end up together because that's how it was supposed to be. They will always end up together because they were and will always be meant to be together.

"I love you."

"I know."

Aang laughed.

"I love you too I guess."

They finally kissed each other.

"So since we love each other you wanna be my girlfriend?" Aang asked while smiling."Yes! Of course! But what about your reputation?" Katara asked.

"Fuck reputations."

"So do you want to take a picture together to finally let everyone know your mine and I'm yours?" Aang asked while smiling.

"Who would want to take a picture with an asshole like you?" Katara asked while smiling.

"I see what ya did there!" Aang said while chuckling. They took the picture and posted it.