Chapter 3

I had basically resolved myself to never seeing Josephine again after Mercy and the baby were discharged from the hospital Tuesday morning after my visit.

It's fine, I remind myself. I barely talked to her and I'm sure she was just being polite to me and I read into it what I wanted to. But nonetheless I am still thinking about strawberries and vanilla, blonde hair, and blue scrubs while I sit at a bar high top table with someone from Bumble. She's been talking for 15 minutes about her workout routine and how flexible she is and I should be more interested. She's giving me fuck me eyes and usually I'm more than willing but all I can see is her fake tan, fake eyelashes, fake boobs, and fake personality. I politely excuse myself to go to the bathroom, telling her I'll get us another drink when I come back. She bats her eyes and asks for a vodka soda pretty please. Oh for fucks sake, give it a rest I want to tell... Sarah? Serena? I'll have to figure that one out.

On my way to the bathroom I see a group of girls, about my age walking from the dance floor to the bar.

"Jo tell them about the hottie who came in with his sister! You guys he was so hot when Jo came out of the room she was bright red and flustered, poor thing. I told her she wouldn't be so worked up if she actually let someone take her home and help her... relax." One of them says I wonder if it's possible for one man to be so lucky. I try to find her in the group and finally spot her. Red cheeks and shining eyes.

"Okay can we please not scream about my sex life in public? I'd really rather not have some creep coming up to me trying to take me home thank you so very much"

She hasn't seen me as she stands at the bar chatting with her friends and I take the opportunity to check her out. She has on a black wrap dress that hugs her tightly, showing off her hips and beautifully round ass. Her hair is down and loosely curled as if hangs down her back and she's wearing ridiculously high heels. I can't see her face anymore but I hear her laughing at something her friend says.

I hurry to the bathroom before my bladder explodes and try to think of a plan. As I walk out of the bathroom and quickly search for her. Luckily for me I am just in time for the bartender to be passing the girls their drinks and I quickly make my way to her.

I grab her hand before she can slip away and watch as she whips around, most likely to tell me off for touching her when her eyes suddenly register on me.

"That's hot uncle that's hot uncle everyone get the fuck out of here! Holy shit scatter!" someone screams and her friends howl with laughter as the leave us alone. Perfect.

I think I can see her go over in her head how she'll escape this situation. But her heels are too high, her drink is too full, and I know for a fact I have a look on my face that tells her, yes, I will follow you.

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise." I say loosening the grip on her hand but not letting her go. "I would buy you a drink but I see I'm a bit too late for that." I say gesturing to her full glass.

"Umm yeah sorry I umm yeah I just got one it's okay." She says and tries to pull her hand away. Not so fast beautiful. Up close I can see her face, light makeup highlights her natural beauty and I will my eyes not to flit down to her exposed chest.

"I'll have to make it up to you, maybe actually take you out for a drink sometime. You know, give your friends another hot uncle story. Although I must say, I preferred when you called me daddy." I say as I watch her face contort in horror and a blush intensifying her already rosy cheeks.

"Oh my God I am going to kill Taylor." She mumbles under her breath and looks back to where her friends once stood.

"It's fine, trust me, I've been called worse" I tell her to help her feel less embarrassed.

"Look, you're obviously really hot, like really really hot and I'm probably going to regret this but you don't know me. Why would you want to take me out? Trust me, figuring out a night to get drinks with me working nights is a hassle and probably not worth it for you. You can close your eyes and point and a girl will fall into bed with you." She takes a breath and tries again to pull her hand away from me, but I don't give up so easily.

"I'm sure we can figure something out, you're right, I don't know you but I'd like to. Mercy hasn't shut up about how amazing you are and if I know one thing about my sister it's that she's usually right. So please, one drink, I promise I'll take you somewhere nice." I give her my best smile and hope it works.

" Hero, I don't know..." she says but I can see her resolve wavering as her bloodshot eyes scan across my smiling face. I lick my lips, pulling my bottom one between my teeth and I don't miss her lips purse as she watches my action.

"One drink, come on what's the harm in one drink?"

"One drink" she says with a breath and a reluctant smile after making me suffer for almost a whole minute of silence. "Give me your phone I'll put my number in."

Just as I'm pulling my phone from my pocket to give it to her I hear my name being called by my Bumble date. Shit, I forgot about her.

"Baby," she whines, throwing her arms around my waist and hugging me closely to her "where have you been? Did you get our drinks yet? Or did you just want to get out of here?" she says and her hand slide down my chest, dangerously low to my belt. I look at Josephine who lets out a humorless chuckle, eyes taking in the girl wrapped around me moments after I asked her out, turns and leaves without so much as a second look back.