Chapter 28

I've been dressed and ready since 5:00, in her parking lot since 5:30, pacing her hallway since 5:45 and now, at exactly 5:59 I am knocking on her apartment door. I told her to dress casually, not wanting her to be uncomfortable during the movie, but just in case I threw extra sweatpants and sweatshirts into the trunk of my car, along with extra blankets and pillows, just in case. I'm smiling like an idiot thinking about us cuddled up in a makeshift bed, watching a movie I couldn't care less about when she opens the door, causing my smile to grow.

She's wearing tight jeans, a black wrap shirt, and black high heels. Is this her version of casual? Not that I'm complaining. She looks fucking insane in this outfit and I can't wait to get my hands on her.

"Cat got your tongue?" She says with a smile and I realize I've just been staring at her for a minute without saying anything.

"Something like that. You look... incredible. Fucking incredible." If my smile could grow any bigger, which it can't without my face literally breaking open, it would at the beautiful blush that takes over her face at my words.

"Okay Mr. Tiffin, let's go on a date." She says, locking her front door behind her. And with that we are off to spot number one.

"How have I never heard of this place before? I love Japanese food!" She says as we sit down, clapping her hands with excitement.

"It's new, my coworkers parents just opened it a few weeks ago." God I hope it's good. Dave has been talking about his parents opening this place for months, going on and on about how this sushi is the best you could get outside of Japan. How the fuck I would fact check that is beyond me, but Katie told me Jo loves sushi so here we are.

We order a few rolls of sushi and some ramen to split before I see Dave making his way over to us from the kitchen.

"Hero! Hey man, thanks for coming! I hope you like it, we're gonna send some other stuff out here for you guys too! Gotta make sure you get the full experience!" He says happily, shaking my hand before turning to Jo and smiling. Before I can introduce them Dave is already pulling Jo into a hug.

"You must be Hero's girl! I remember you from the club, glad to see this wanker is still following you around like a lost puppy eh?" He says with a smile, turning to me.

"Hi, Josephine, nice to meet you." Jo says to Dave but she's smiling at me, I try to keep the smirk from my lips but I fail miserably.

Eventually Dave leaves and Jo and I devour our food. Shit, it's good. Like really good. They sent out green tea and these little sweets that I will be forcing Dave to bring into work on Monday because fuck that shit was delicious. Soon enough we're making our way to the drive in, Josephine animatedly talking about her night at work last night, playing with my fingers in her small hands as she does. When we pull into the drive in she stops talking.

"How did you..." Is all she says before squeezing my hand and softly laughing to herself. I park the car and jump out, grabbing the sweats and blankets from the trunk to hand to her to get changed.

"I brought some comfy clothes for you if you want them, I figured you didn't wanna watch a movie in jeans and heels. And then I thought we could pop the trunk open and lay some blankets out to watch the movie?" I turn and hand her the sweats, which she grabs from my hands silently. She looks at me for a long moment before she steps towards me.

"Where in your timeline of tonight do I get to kiss you and tell you this is the best date imaginable? I don't want to ruin your plans again." She's looking up at me with those big beautiful eyes and I get lost in our closeness for a second.

"Josephine you can kiss me whenever you damn well please love. I feel like I've made that abundantly clear."

I grip her hips, the sweats that were once in her hands now thrown back into my trunk as she winds her hands around my neck. A soft smile plays at her lips before touching them softly to mine. I don't know that I'll ever get tired of kissing her, feelings the brush of her lips against mine, her tongue ever so slightly swiping at my lips, and her quiet gasps of air when I nip at her lips with my teeth. I hear the previews begin to play and gently pull away from her, allowing her to get changed before the movie starts. I could honestly give two shits about this movie and with it being one of her favorites I hope she's seen it so many times she won't mind that I fully intend to makeout with her for at least half the movie.

When Josephine's done she exits the car and we pop the trunk again, making ourselves comfortable among the blankets and pillows while the previews roll on. She's happily snacking on the candy I've brought and as the movie begins she wiggles further into my arms wrapped around her. I put down the back seat so we're propped up on the pillows, reclined back and my feet dangle out of my car. Josephine spends the first 10 minutes telling me how she wanted to be the main character so much when she was in middle school she took sewing classes to make the yellow plaid outfit she wears. I spend those 10 minutes watching her tell the story, playing with the strings on the sweatshirt I'd changed into and hiking her leg onto my lap so she's practically laying on me. Not that I'm complaining. Not one fucking bit.

She goes back to watching the movie and I decide to give it a chance. It's pretty funny, even with it being from 1995 and I laugh to myself that Josephine's favorite movie would be from when she was in diapers. I'm actually enjoying the movie when I feel Josephine shift beside me, inching her face closer to my neck before I feel her lips against my skin there. A smile spreads across my face, a chuckle rumbling in my chest.

"If I didn't know any better I'd think you were making a move Ms. Langford."

"And here I thought you'd made it abundantly clear that I can kiss you whenever I damn well want Mr. Tiffin?"

"I'm nothing if not a man of my word," I say with a laugh, bringing her lips to mine.

And that is how we spent the remainder of the movie, getting lost in each other like a couple of high school kids. I am acutely aware of the fact that we are in public but I can't say I care. I love kissing her; I'd love to do more than kiss her, but again, public. So I take what I can, which is also why when the movie ends I'm so hard I can barely think. Luckily the blanket is covering me so I'm not entirely indecent but when I make no move to get out of the car, Josephine looks at me with her eyebrows drawn together in confusion.

"I'm not trying to be arrested for public indecency Jo." I quip, flicking my eyes down to my still present problem before watching realization spread across her face.

"Anything I can do to help?" She says innocently as a blush quickly comes across her face, realizing what she just said. "I mean no, not that, I can't do that. I mean I can do that but I shouldn't do that right now. Not that I think you want me to do that, I mean I hope you want me to do that. But also I can't do that right now." She continues to ramble and I decide to kiss her to put her out of her misery, not helping with my misery but whatever.

"Jo, it's fine. I would never ask you to do that, whatever that is in the middle of a parking lot." I leave out that if she really really wanted to, we could make it work, I'd make it work, but in all honesty it's a terrible idea and I'd much rather have her somewhere I can take my time with her.

Jo decides to tell me a story about a dad who came to the delivery of his baby, blackout drunk and high as a kite, got in a screaming match with his girlfriend, broke up with her, and missed the birth of his child because he was escorted out by security. And well, that seems to take care of my hard-on.

I decide against taking Josephine back to my apartment. I have brunch at my mum's tomorrow and as much as I'd love Jo to come with me, I don't want to rush things when we're doing so well. I walk her to her front door and wrap her in my arms before she has a chance to pull her keys out of her purse.

"Thank you for planning the perfect date. You did good, I can't wait to tell everyone at work about it." She says, resting her arms on my shoulders.

"I didn't realize everyone at work was so invested in your life."

"Oh, they weren't until you came along. Now I can't go to work without people asking about the hot Uncle. You're somewhat of a legend on the floor I'm afraid."

A legend for what I'm afraid to ask, which is why I lean down for a goodnight kiss instead before leaving my stunning girl. As I'm making my way back to the elevator I hear Jo calling my name, I turn to see her still standing in her doorway, biting her bottom lip.

"Katherine's having a little bachelor/bachelorette party for her and Jason tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to come. It's no big deal if you have plans but I thought it would be fun for you to meet some people before the wedding. And... and I'd like you there. With me. If you don't mind." She's so fucking cute.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world love." I say before getting in the elevator, smiling like the smug bastard I am.