Chapter 5

I follow her to a booth, passing my work friends and shrugging my shoulder while gesturing to Josephine. They laugh but leave us to make our way to a booth so we can sit together and talk.

We make casual conversation, I even get her to laugh and relax and open up a bit about herself. She tells me about how she got into nursing and I tell her I work as an accountant for a music label. She finds this exciting and I try to break it to her that no, it's not exciting and no, I don't know anyone famous. After I come back with another round and set her drink in front of her she laughs to herself.

"What's so funny?" I inquire.

"I really wanted to hate you" she smiles and looks up at me meekly.

"Well, I'm happy to disappoint you I guess" I say with a shrug of my shoulders and lean in a bit more to her. She laughs and looks up at my face, her eyes falling to my mouth.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your lips are?" she brings a hand to my face and softly touches my cheek, her thumb just barely brushing my bottom lip.

"Umm no, nobody has every told me that" I try to swallow the lump in my throat and she continues touching my face. Ah fuck. I bring a hand along her waist and rest it there, not daring to move.

"Mhmm well they are. Beautiful I mean. It makes me wonder..." she trail off and I want more than anything to hear her finish that sentiment.

"About?"

"How they'd feel. On my lips, my neck..." Am I still breathing?

"Do you want to hear something embarrassing? I thought about it after you visited Mercy in the hospital. When I got home from work and I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about those lips I... well I thought about them on my body and all the things they could do to me and I fucked myself until I finally fell asleep." I grab her by the waist with both hands, perhaps a bit too harshly, but after what she said she's lucky I have enough self-control not to throw her over my shoulder and fuck her in the bathroom.

Bringing her close to my chest her eyes flutter closed and she uses the hand on my cheek to push through my hair and her other hand to grab my arm, steadying her.

"Fuck Josephine..." I am so hard right now its borderline painful.

"Would you want to Hero? Would you want to taste my pussy and feel how wet those lips of yours make me? How wet I am right now just thinking about all the things I'd let you do to me? How good you can make me feel?" Her lips ghost over mine and if I was sober before I am definitely drunk off of this woman right now.

"Fuck yes Josephine. Let me make you feel good baby. Please?" She bites her lip and just as I'm about to finally pull her towards me to I can taste her lips we hear someone screaming her name.

Pulling away from me she looks to see who's calling her and I do as well, because I want to kill whoever it is right now.

"Josephine! Oh my God we have to leave, Katie threw up all over the dance floor and then slipped in it and now she's sobbing in the bathroom because she thinks she lost the keys to your apartment. Rob is coming pick you guys up and take you home because there's no way a cab will accept her covered in puke. I'm so sorry Jo" Taylor, who I recognize from earlier looks sympathetically at Jo and then me. I cast my eyes down because it's not her fault but I am fucking pissed the hell off.

"Yeah yeah of course I'm coming" Jo says breathily and looks at me.

"I'm sorry it's my roommate. Raincheck?" she says with a laugh and grabs my phone, putting her number in.

"I swear to God, I am going to call you. And Josephine? Katie is not allowed to be anywhere near you when I finally take you out. Understood?" I hope she takes this as a joke, but I am not joking at all. When I finally take this girl out, and I will take her out, nothing is going to stop us from getting what we want.

With a breathy laugh, she pulls herself out of my grasp and I begrudgingly watch her retreating form.