34. back to the ground

After signing off with Bellamy, I had decided to go find Murphy and Raven. 

I hadn't made in very far into the corridors when a loud alarm began blaring, causing me to almost trip over my own feet in shock. 

I quickly spun around, trying to pinpoint the reason behind the alarm, but came to no definitive decision. 

It was then that I took off running, my feet pounding against the ground as I ran in search of my two friends.

"Raven!" I screamed, trying to carry my voice over the noise. "John!"

As I rounded the corner, I almost ran directly into someone. 

I let out a shocked scream as the person grabbed onto me. "Jesus, Collins. There you are!" Murphy yelled, still gripping onto me as he began pulling me down the hall. 

"Where's Raven?" I demanded, speeding up as Murphy quickened his pace. 

"In here." He explained, nodding toward the cryo room. "They're trying to vent the oxygen from the ground. They're trying to kill us."

Of course they are.

"So it's time to pull the plug?" I questioned, my worried eyes looking over to him.

He titled his head slightly as he yanked open the door. "Not exactly."

As the two of us entered the room, I felt my heart drop into my stomach as I froze. 

Raven turned to us with panicked eyes, slowly backing away from the pods...the pods that were currently opening.

"Guys," I whispered in a shaky voice, watching as the prisoners slowly awoke. "What the hell did you do?"

Raven stopped beside Murphy and I, not taking her eyes off of our newly awoken guests. "It was the only choice." she responded quietly. "They can't kills us without killing all of their own men."

I gripped onto Murphy as one of the men closest to us focused his eyes on me, eyeing me up like I was live prey. 

The blaring alarm had since subsided, meaning they had closed the docking bay doors...but now we had 283 dangerous prisoners locked in a ship with us.

Raven grabbed onto the other side of me as we slowly inched our way toward the door. "Survival instinct sucks."

---

"What the hell do we do now?" Murphy demanded from where he sat, back pressed against the wall. 

I stopped my pacing, pulling my hands out of my hair. "I don't know." I whispered, still trying to go over everything in my head. 

"We keep the door lock." Raven pointed out the obvious solution. 

"How long do you really think that will keep them in?" I pressed. "There over 200 of them in there."

She sighed, shaking her head as she glanced toward the cyrobay where we had recently locked 283 vicious prisoners in. "I don't know, okay!?"

I groaned, leaning against the wall. "We're so screwed."

"Okay, listen. If you want to be such a fatalist then-"

Raven was cut off by the sound of something down the corridor...the docking bay.

Murphy shot up as I pushed myself up off the wall. "Oh no." I muttered, my voice cracking in fear.