Chapter 13

"Irene I'm gonna be late for the meeting."

"You will not," Irene said through the phone. "When can I follow your lead?"

"When I have money to pay you."

"That can be never."

"It's not gonna be never," Jennie sighed. "Why are you so hell bent on leaving anyway? You were happy when I was there."

"Or I looked happy."

"I'm pretty sure you had no intention to leave." Jennie was leaning on the wall across the restaurant where, in a couple of minutes, she had a meeting with Becca.

"There's a big difference now," Irene said. "You were here and he wasn't this crazy. Honestly, the stuff he is doing and saying is gonna make everyone want to leave."

"I'm not gonna do anything until I have a solid ground to build upon."

"I'm just asking you to give me a timeline."

"A month."

"I can work with that."

Jennie turned off her phone, put it in her pocket and crossed the street to the restaurant. Becca was already there.

"Thank you for meeting with me, I know the past couple of weeks have not been what you thought they'd be, it sure didn't turn out how I expected it,"

"I wouldn't say I'm disappointed but I'm not far from it."

"I know and I apologize. I never thought something like that was gonna happen," Jennie said.

"It's alright, I know it wasn't your fault," Becca said, "but I can't but feel... something since it was you who told me how great I'd feel if I joined you, and now you left."

"Yes, if I were you I doubt I'd ever give me another chance."

"Luckily for you, we're not that alike."

"But we are not far from it," Jennie smiled.

"So?"

"I have a plan."

"Already?"

"I don't waste time," Jennie said. "It's also not in character for me to just sit around sulking."

"And I guess I have a place in your plan?"

"I honestly believe in what you're doing and I think you and I can take it to places where no has ever been..."

"Jennie, you don't have to sell anything to me."

"I'm not selling anything," Jennie said. "I have reached some of the people whose money is Jiyong wasting, people I brought to Jiyong and people who were there because of the things I did for them. Almost all of them have no interest in staying there."

"They are willing to go into the unknown with you?"

"That's where you come in."

"How?"

"It's not unknown if I have you standing next to me," Jennie said. "I can sell them that."

"And they can just leave Jiyong?"

"They can sell their shares and invest in you."

"How much money are we talking about?"

"Enough that with their money, my connections and your vision we can have a full working prototype in a year."

"That's ambitious," Becca chuckled.

Jennie smiled, "You've looked into me, you know how I work and then you also know that I don't say things that I can't make happen."