Chapter 5

Jisoo did a stupid thing. Not right or wrong, just stupid. It took a sleepless night to realize it. It was 5am when she finally gave up on sleeping, after she had spent 6 hours tossing and turning. She got up and opened the window in her bedroom. Jisoo closed her eyes and filled her lungs with the cold air. She felt her nose and cheeks turning red.

She let her emotions win over her reason and acted as if she was five years old on a playground watching someone she didn't like get beaten. And laughing about it.

It was the most stupid thing she did since she came back. Not even letting her mother dictate her life wasn't as stupid. But Jennie was too stubborn and too proud and Jisoo got caught up in all of it. Jisoo had to do better. Even if Jennie wasn't ready to meet her in the middle. Even if she never would be.

"I think I've done something really stupid yesterday," Jisoo groaned.

Seulgi almost spilled her tea while laughing. "So I've heard," she nodded.

"What? How?," Jisoo asked. "Oh, Irene. I can only imagine."

"From what I've heard you can be lucky you walked out alive from it."

"I have to do something about it."

"About what exactly?"

"Sooyoung," Jisoo sighed. "I shouldn't have gotten on her side. In any way possible. Honestly I just wanted to make Jennie stop yelling before she made a scene in front of everyone."

"But then your teenager came out."

"And I stood by one that had been stealing."

"Stupid, yeah," Seulgi said.

"I know, but if she wasn't as hostile as she was and is then... and for no reason at all."

"She has a reason."

"It's a shitty reason and you know it."

"I do, but she doesn't."

"And she doesn't care."

"That still doesn't make your choice any better."

"I know it doesn't."

"I know. That's why I said I did a stupid thing."

"What will you do about it?"

"I don't know. If I approach Jennie, she'd ignore me in the best case, and start another fight in all the other cases."

"Do you think you need to do something?"

"Probably."

"How bad was the fight with Jennie?"

"Really bad."

"I know it's not all sunshine and flowers to be in your shoes but I think you fucked this one up properly if you defended someone who was doing something like that."

"She keeps saying all those things behind my back and okay yes everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but can't she do it somewhere where it's not in my face, beats the whole purpose of talking behind someone's back if the person can hear you. Makes me think that the only reason she is doing it is to hurt me."

"I think you both are looking at this whole situation in a wrong way. She's wrong for talking about you in that or any way while you are within hearing distance, and you are wrong for straight up invalidating her feelings standing behind the person that has wronged her."

"I know I am, I didn't mean to do it. I just wanted to stop her from making a scene and it got out of my hands. I fucked up."

"Then you need to find a way to fix it."