Chapter 4

"I don't get what your problem is Jisoo."

"You know what my problem is mom," Jisoo glared at her mother, "You're the reason I have it," she added.

"You could have said no."

"You made sure to say yes for me."

"Jiyong says you are doing a great job, I don't see what all this fuss is about."

Jisoo was pressured into doing dinner dates with her mother and Jiyong. Once every month. The last one was always more excruciating than the one before. She loved her mother, but sometimes, more often than not, it was a pain in the ass to deal with her. Especially when she made promises in her name, all with Jisoo's best interest in her mind, of course. Or at least the interest she saw as the best one for Jisoo.

"I have to work twice as hard as the next person because all of them already think I got the job because my mom is sleeping with the boss."

"Jisoo, be careful."

"I'm tired of being careful," Jisoo sighed.

"Talk with Jiyong about it."

"Yes, that will solve my problems, if I get their boss to yell at them because they hurt my feelings."

"Talk with them then."

"And tell them what? It's not me it's my mother," Jisoo said. "Besides, they are not interested in listening about my problems."

"Who is this they that is giving you trouble?"

"They are my problem."

"Then I can't help you about it," Dara said.

"I never asked for any of your help, but still..."

"Good evening ladies," Jiyong and his big smile interrupted Jisoo. It was probably for the best. She smiled politely and put on a different face, one without problems. "How are you?" Dara was always great at it, finding the right face for every situation, and it had been one thing Jisoo got from her. "Did I interrupt something?," he asked.

"No, no, we were just talking," Dara kissed him on the cheek.

"Jisoo, haven't seen you in a while. How are you?," he asked her.

"I'm great, it's great," Jisoo smiled.

"Before I forget, I just got off the phone with Jennie, we are going on a business trip in a couple of weeks."

"You and Jennie?"

"And you," Jiyong said.

"What did I say about work talk?" Dara put her hand on top of Jiyong' and smiled at him.

"You are right, I'm sorry," he smiled back at her.

Trip with Jennie. That sounded like the worst idea Jisoo had heard in a while. It's not that she hated it, but she was almost certain Jennie was going to be unbearable.

"Have you found time for our trip?," Dara asked.

"If the work one goes well then I could probably leave for some time and leave it to those two, they should be capable of not running the place to the ground," he smiled at Jisoo.

She nodded and smiled back at him, her mind was elsewhere. After that night at the karaoke bar Jisoo thought things were going to be different between her and Jennie. Maybe not friendly but at least friendlier. She thought Jennie would be able to see behind the picture she painted in her head. She would see that there's more and a lot less to Jisoo than she thought and convinced herself to. The limbo that they were put in, with Jennie's decision, was driving Jisoo mad. She wanted Jennie to man up or drop it down. And for a moment it looked like Jennie was ready to drop it.