Chapter 1

"They did it again." If the loud slamming of her door didn't startle Irene then the angry voice of the person responsible for it did. Jennie walked into her office ready for murder. She paced from one wall to the other, not saying a word more after she walked in. Irene put her pen down and sighed. She knew what all the fuss was about and she knew better than to laugh. She made that mistake a couple of days ago and nearly lost an eye because of it. "I'm going to find who does it and kill them. I swear to God this can't go on and will not go unpunished." Maybe losing an eye would be worth it.

"You are overreacting."

"I'm overreacting? Are you serious right now?" If looks could kill, Irene would have died on the spot.

"It's just lunch," she shrugged. She knew there was no point in arguing with angry Jennie, or trying to calm down angry Jennie. Angry Jennie was the only Jennie that was not reasonable.

"It's MY lunch, not just lunch. Who even does that?" Jennie sat down on the chair in front of Irene's desk. She looked like she was close to breaking down the chair with her bare hands. "I would have said nothing if it was just one time. It happens, people make mistakes. I'm not the one to hold grudges, especially when you apologize to me, something a decent person would have done. But it happened every day this week Irene. Every fucking day of the week."

"Maybe they don't know whose it is," Irene said just to say something.

"My name is written on it. Big ass letters."

"Maybe they don't have anything else to eat."

"Neither do I." Jennie's knuckles were white from how hard she was squeezing the chair. "They only have to ask. I would have given them or made double if they liked it so much."

"Maybe they can't stop, lunchmania."

"I love how you are having fun with all of this. Really love it."

"Do we have a suspect?"

"Don't make fun of me, unnie."

"I know better than to do that. I'm just asking if you have any idea as to who it might be."

"No." Jennie gritted through her teeth.

"No one?"

"I never thought anyone here would do something like that." At that point it got really hard for Irene to not laugh. Maybe it was the absolute seriousness of Jennie's voice when she said or the confused and lost look on her face. "I'm going to hit you with something heavier this time if you laugh at me."

"I'm sorry, it's just so funny." Irene covered her mouth. "Not the fact that you are without lunch, but how mad you are about it."

"Like you wouldn't be."

"They know better than to touch my food. You're just not mean looking enough."

Someone had been stealing Jennie's lunch.

Every day she'd get up an hour early and make lunch for that day. She'd pack it and write her name on the box. She liked to be in control of her life and one part of it was knowing what she's putting in herself. She didn't like the food that was in the company's restaurant and she didn't have enough time to go sit somewhere and spend an hour on her lunch. So the only and the best choice she had was to cook every day so she could have a fresh and healthy meal.

Everything was going great, for months, until four days ago when the food magically disappeared from the fridge.

"Did you eat my food?" Jennie stormed into Irene's office that day. She thought it was a joke because Irene always made fun of her for going through so much trouble for something trivial as lunch.