Chapter 3

"You promise I don't have to be around all night?" Jennie was locking her car at a parking lot not far from the karaoke bar she let Irene convince her to go. They were supposed to meet Jisoo, Yeri and Seulgi there in less than ten minutes. Irene already told her Jisoo and Seulgi were going to be late. "I hate when people are late."

"You don't need another reason to hate her."

"Promise me I don't have to be around all night, please"

"You don't, just pretend for a while that you don't hate everyone there. Fake it, then you can get lost."

"I feel like this will be a terrible night." Jennie stretched her arms behind her back. She was waiting for Irene to finish texting with Seulgi. "You will see her in fifteen minutes, keep it in your pants for a bit please."

"I feel like it's gonna be amazing," Irene smiled, she put her phone away and they started to walk to the place.

"I don't doubt it will for you," Jennie chuckled.

"I'll make sure you have fun."

"Just make sure I'm never alone with her."

"You just get a couple of drinks inside you and I'm sure you will come to realize that Jisoo is not that bad to be around." They got inside and looked around the place. They found an empty table and sat down. "I can't be your babysitter but I will try to make your night as painless as possible."

"Hey guys," Yeri turned up in front of them. "Oh good, I'm not last, I was afraid I'd be late."

"When you are meeting with Jisoo and Seulgi, coming last is not possible."

"You've done this before?" Jennie looked at Irene.

"Couple of times."

"Why did I not know?"

"Because," Irene raised her brows as if to say 'You know damn well why.'

"There they are," Yeri said and pointed her head in the direction from where Seulgi and Jisoo were walking towards them.

"Finally," Irene said when they were within ears distance.

"It's my fault," Jisoo raised her hands in defense and to apologize. "I got held up and I was running late, Seulgi was just good enough to wait. I thought she texted you."

"I did," Seulgi said.

"I'm just kidding," Irene smiled.

"Hi you two," Seulgi said to Jennie and Yeri.

"Hi," Jisoo joined her.

Jennie made a point of not acknowledging Jisoo's existence. She nodded to Seulgi and turned to the rest of the small bar that they were in. There weren't a lot of people there yet and she hoped that would change soon as that would make her life and avoiding plans easier.

"So who is singing today?" Yeri asked.

"I know who is not," Jisoo laughed.

"I know who is," Seulgi said looking at Jisoo.

"No, I won't," Jisoo repeated.

"Jisoo sings amazing but doesn't have the balls to do it."

"Same with Jennie," Irene smirked.

"I don't have any balls," Jennie said, still not looking at Jisoo or the rest of her friends.

"You're so funny," Irene said.

"Let's do a duet," Yeri looked at Jennie.

"I really don't sing," she responded.

"I might do it." Jisoo jumped into a conversation. "If you will." Jennie flinched. She knew it was a jab at her, and she knew Jisoo knew what she was doing.