Chapter 15

Jennie was on her way to yet another meeting, but this one had the potential to be a good one. It was with a potential investor, one that, Jennie hoped, could be the one. In the last couple of days there had been more than a few bumpy ones and she hoped that this would be the one that would make their future safer and their present better. Securing an investment like that would mean they'd be able to move forward, hire more people and decrease the workload that's been put on Irene's and Jennie's shoulders. Jennie's contacts landed her a meeting with Taeyang. He was known for aiding companies starting small with a potential to grow bigger. And making a lot of money from it.

And Jennie was right to hope that that one would prove to be the right one. It went perfect. Taeyang was properly charmed, from both the technical and business side of things and agreed to sign a contract granting a lot of money to A.L.I.E.

"That was amazing," Jennie said after he had left.

"Um you were amazing," Becca grinned. "You both were, but damn that was good."

"She has a way with people," Irene said. "They always end up doing things she wants them to do."

"It's a gift."

"Or a curse," Becca said.

"We gotta celebrate," Irene got up from the chair. "Lunch, drinks, dinner, or everything?"

"I can't stay long, I have a date with Jisoo."

"Then lunch and drinks for you and everything else for everyone else," Irene said.

"Fine by me," Becca agreed.

"I'm gonna go tell the good news to the rest of the guys," Irene said.

"And I'm gonna go call Jisoo."

-

"You got it?" Jisoo didn't wait for Jennie to say anything when she picked up the phone.

"Got it."

"I'm so proud of you." Jisoo couldn't be happier. She knew how hard Jennie worked for it and how bad she wanted it. She never doubted she was going to get it, but hearing it made her day and week immensely better. Especially when compared to the shitshow that was going on in her work place.

"Thanks babe."

"Drinks are on me tonight. Or dinner. Or both. Or whatever you want."

"I'd rather spend it in bed," Jennie laughed on the other side. "I have a lot of catching up to do."

"I'm more than fine with that."

"When will you be done?"

"I'll try to run away around 5, I can be at your place around 6."

"I'll order pizza."

"Can't wait to see you."

"Me too."

"Okay, I should go now if I wanna be done by 5."

"Good luck. Bye."

"Thanks," Jisoo chuckled. "Love you, bye."

It was only after Jisoo put the phone on her desk and went back to the papers in front of her that she realized what she had said to Jennie.

-

5 pm never came faster. There was no sound from Jennie since that call. Jisoo even thought about canceling, running away or moving to another country. She was never the person who blurted out something like that. She hadn't even said it that many times in her life, and certainly never like that. On her ride to Jennie's apartment she kept replaying it in her head. Over and over and over again. She decided it was for the best if she ignored and pretended it never happened. She hoped Jennie would do the same. It never occurred to her to think about why she said what she said and what it meant.