Chapter 6

Jennie was early at the airport, much earlier than it was necessary, but she wasn't the first one to get there. Jisoo beat her to it. She saw her sitting at the coffee shop, looking down at her phone. Jennie thought about sneaking past her but then she realized that after everything that had happened, the least she could do is try.

"Hi," Jennie startled Jisoo who seemed to be deep into reading something off of her phone. She looked up frowning but then smiled softly when she saw it was Jennie. "Are you always this early to everything?"

Jisoo sighed. "I couldn't sleep," she looked around, "and if I'm being honest I'm not really a big fan of flying so it's a way of coping with that."

Jennie frowned. "Why didn't you say it, we could've drove there."

"It's not my first rodeo," Jisoo smiled. "I'll be fine," she said. "Do you wanna sit with me?," she looked at the chair opposite hers.

"Sure," Jennie said, "I'll just go get my coffee."

Jennie went to order coffee. So far it wasn't that bad. When she got back, Jisoo's phone was out of her hands. "So why are you early?," Jisoo asked her once she sat down.

"So I'm not late."

"Makes sense," Jisoo chuckled. "Are you excited or do you hate it?"

"Being early?"

"The trip."

"It's not my first rodeo," Jennie smiled.

"It is mine though, at least from this side of things," Jisoo said. "Was it just you and Jiyong usually or?," she asked.

"And Irene."

"Ouch, so you already hate this one."

"What do you mean?"

"Irene is not here and I am."

Jennie shook her head disapprovingly. "For the last time, I don't hate you Jisoo."

"Spoiled little girl, if I recall," Jisoo smiled.

"I apologized for that," Jennie said.

"But never denied it."

"Am I a vain bitch then?," Jennie lifted her brows.

"Maybe, but just a bit," Jisoo bit her lip to hide the smile. Jennie knew the thing they were doing was partly meaningless, partly a necessity, but it was light and fun and something she never imagined she'd do with Jisoo.

"I won't deny it, I worked hard to get to be called that," Jennie smiled.

"But I am sorry," Jisoo paused, "for that and for everything else I said that day. I don't know what got into me."

"It's in the past," Jennie assured her. "Didn't you come here from Asia?," Jennie tried to keep the conversation going, the last thing she wanted was to sit there in silence with Jisoo for the next two hours. She could've done that alone and in a much less stressful environment.

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"It's a long plane ride."

"Oh, that," Jisoo smiled. "It is yes, if I survived that one, twice, I'll manage with this one."

"I have a friend scared of heights, she takes her car everywhere. I don't think she ever took a plane."

"I used to do that but then I couldn't anymore. And it's different when you have a problem with heights, mine is with just planes."

Jennie noticed Jisoo started to shift in her chair, it was obviously a very uncomfortable and unpleasant topic for her to talk about. "I just asked, I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable."