Chapter 23: Truth or Dare?

The batfamily's routine went without a hitch that night, criminals chucked behind bars and no casualties... yet. Once home, they directly went to bed, all but Tim. He decided to spend his ungodly hours on researches and reports, Ashe refused to leave him alone.

   So here she was, beside Tim, sleeping on the couch in the living room. He sighed as he glanced at his adopted sister curled up beside him, he returns his gaze onto his laptop as he began to type away.

   As the night goes by, morning came greeting Gotham with a new sense of hope. Alfred had awoken them for their first meal of the day, 'Tim with his caffeine...' Ashe thought as she took a sip of her tea.

   After breakfast, most of them continued on with their own lives but for today... they're taking a small break together. Ashe was with Damian, discussing series of books. Her eyes marveled at the Harry Potter series, she is a sucker for fantasy genre. She had her mask down.

   Richard and Tim were discussing cases and missions while Jason... being Jason, lounging on the couch with a cloth shining his gun. Bruce Wayne aka Dad of the Birdies should be in his office, 100 floors above ground but instead, he stayed in the Batcave. He conversed with the league about a seemingly invisible enemy.

  A few moments later, Jason voiced his thought, "Enough idling around, we need something fun!" The rest just looked at him except Damian, his eyes were still on his book, "No." Jason groaned, both Richard and Tim shrugged with a grin.

   Jason smirked, "How about you, kid? Down for a game?" Ashe shrugged, "Sure..." unsure of the thought. "What's the game?" Jason began, "We are going to play Truth or Dare..." Damian tsked, "A waste of-" Jason cut him off, "With these babies!" he spun his guns.

   Their eyes widen, "Jason, are you crazy?!" Tim exclaimed, both hands gripping his head. "Haven't I always?" Jason laughed, "Don't worry, we'll be using this!" He grinned as he lifted N-strikes. "Woah!"

~It's Nerfing time~

   "You only have three chances with the last shot being your end, whoever died first will be judged to either Truth or Dare." Jason explained his game. "Judge?" Tim questioned. 

   "Yeah, by the others. Also, here's an earpiece to tell who died first." without any warning, "SCATTER!" Everyone split in different directions with their weapon.

   Ashe dashed through the corridor, she quickly tried to form a basic plan. She turned the corner entering the kitchen- Tat! She managed to slide and took cover behind the counter, she stalked to the other side and peek. Tim was looking around.

   Suddenly, Jason barged in and continuously shoot Tim, ratatata-! "AAHHH!" he let out a war cry. Tim was startled as he maneuvered, they kept shooting and shouting at each other. Ashe saw this as an opportunity, a second bullet had just hit Tim.

   She smirked, she positioned her gun beside the counter and took a shot. "Ahh! No!" She had shot his chest. Tim began to feign his death as he held his chest, "I'm dYiNg!"  his knees buckled as he reached the air dramatically.

   She started to wheeze behind the counter before she squeaked, "Eh?" Somebody had grabbed her, an arm around her stomach as he lifted her up. She kicked the air while trying to pry his arm off her. "Jason!"

   "Thanks for your backup!" He chirped, "H-Hey!" She tried to wiggle her way out of the grip as Jason casually brought her to the living room and made her sit on Richard's lap. He instinctively hugged her, "L-let go!" he rested his chin on her head, "Nah~" she internally screamed as she thrashed around.