Chapter 21: A Day With Jason

Jason by lindatart_

...

   Ashe was grinning, she quickly ran into Bruce's study room and dive under the desk. She pulled up her mask, she silently waited. She heard footsteps and a closed door, it seems to stop for a while before coming nearer to the desk.

   Before she moves deeper into the shadows, someone grasps her arm, she snapped her head to see Bruce. He originally was going to do his work at the desk but notices a small figure under the desk, he was confused to see Ashe down there.

   Ashe close-eye smiled at him and gesture him to be quiet, "I don't want to go shopping with Jason." she whispered as Bruce rose an eyebrow. Before he could ask her, Jason came by slamming the door open, "Squirt- oh hey Bruce." Bruce stood up and fold his arms, he rose an eyebrow.

   "Have you seen Ashe?" Jason inquired, "No." he sends a glance at the desk before him. Jason seems to get the message, "Okay, I'll go look elsewhere..." he smirked as he closed the door behind him and fake fading footsteps.

   Bruce rubbed his temple with a smirk, he sighs as he walked towards the bookshelves behind him. Jason silently walked towards the desk, she was contemplating, 'Hm... should I? But the vibrations don't seem right...' she lightly scratched her cheek and shrugged.

   Ashe pushed herself out of the desk, she was about to dust her clothes off when suddenly, "Gotcha!" her eyes widen as he placed an arm around her stomach and lift her. She slightly kicked the air while holding on to his arm, "Wait-wait-wait! We can talk about this!"

   Jason grin, "Nope!" he began to carry her away, Bruce was chuckling at their antics. She looked towards her father, "Pere! Pere! Don't let him!" She tried to pry Jason's arm off her stomach, "Give up, squirt! You're going shopping with me whether you like it or not!" He gave her a noogie. "Besides, you aren't a threat to me."

   Ashe glared at him, "I'll- I'll choke you with chocolate!" Jason laughed as he left the room, "Pere! Help me!" she can't help but giggle. Bruce shook his head as he chuckled, "Don't forget pink and dresses!" her eyes widen, "No! Don't encourage him!"

   "Hey! That's a good idea."

   "Don't you dare... Jason Todd."

   "Don't be a Damian." he laughed as she glared at him.

...

   Jason had brought her outside, he walked towards the bike. He lifted his leg over and made Ashe sat in front of him, she folds her arms. Jason shook his head with a grin as he started the bike, "I don't shop too, ya know?"

   She tilted her head towards him, "You don't?" he shook his head, as he placed a small white helmet on her, 'Whose idea is this?' he wore a shiny black helmet. She looks at the speedometer to see her slight reflection, her helmet has cat-like ears on it. The visor is dark and fixed, there are even small white whiskers on it. She sweatdropped, 'Unbelievable.' 

   "So, think of this as a treat, kiddo." she slightly smiled, "Thanks... Jason" he pats her helmet, "No problem, kiddo. Now, let's go!" He pulled a full-throttle as they zoom into the city's bustling area. She smiles feeling the wind, 'I should swing, tonight... If I have the chance~'