Chapter 5: New Feathered Friends

"Ah... what a night!" She chirped as she stretched in front of Chihayu L'hotel, her joints crack! she rolled her shoulders and shook her legs. 

   She decided to wear white apparel for the day, a white camouflage hoodie with white cargo pants. 'To the park, I go!' 

   Ashe started to lightly jog her way along the sidewalk, she maneuvered the pedestrians while maintaining her pace. 

   As she jogs, Ashe had a thought, 'I hope I didn't upset that man much...' she didn't mean to be rude to him, 'I guess I'm still not used to a stranger's kindness.' 

   She shook her thought off as she slowed down, the park adorning her view. As she got closer, she could hear the excitement of children. 'Ah... kids~' she smiled under her mask. 

   Ashe jog along the pavement in the park, her eyes explore their youthfulness. She picked up her pace by widening her steps, it almost looks like she's leaping as she maneuvered other light joggers.

   She heard footsteps catching up her pace, Ashe glanced her side to see a man, "Oh... it's you." 'The same man from the sweetshop.' "Hey, kid! Good morning!" He beamed as he jogged beside her, he was in his sports attire, black hoodie, and breeches. 

   "Good morning, good samaritan." she replied. 

   "How are you today, kid?" 

   "I'm quite well, how about thou?" 

   "Never been better!" they conversed side by side while passing other joggers.

   A playful thought came upon her, "Monsieur, wanna race?" she asked, "Why not-" He could not finish his sentence when Ashe suddenly exclaimed, "Go!" She bolted taking the lead. 

   "Hey! That's not fair!" he followed after catching up. Both of them maneuvered other joggers along the pavement, they eventually ran side by side towards the end loop of the park. 

   They both sped up towards the finish line only for the man to suddenly leaped in front of her, the action took her by surprise. Ashe bumped into him harshly. "Oof!"

   Sending both of them tumbling about at the entrance of the park. Ashe nearly fell on the tar, she balanced herself on the road while looking up at the grinning man. She saw his eyes glanced at the side, his eyes widen.

   Ashe looked at the side to see a fast-moving truck, she noticed the guy was jamming with his headphones, not a care of the world. She stretched her right arm towards him as he grabbed and pulled her, embracing her upon landing. 

   She pulled away while still panting as the truck swiftly pass by, "That was... thrilling." He nods while catching his breath, "You need to be more careful, kid." He smiled as he ruffled her hair. "Your quite a fast one, aren't cha?" He asked. "As fast as I like to be, I lack endurance." She huffed. 

   Ashe suddenly winced at the pain on her right arm, 'Why did I lend my injured one?' she groaned internally. "Hey, you're alright?" he asked concerned. "Oh, don't worry about me." she waved it off. 

   "So, kid. Anyplace you wish to explore?" she raised her eyebrow, she glanced around and saw a pet shop across the street. She hesitated.

   The man looked at what she was looking at, "Oooh! You wanna buy a pet?" he beamed. "I don't... I guess?" She stated unsurely. "Come on!" he grasped her shoulders as they crossed the road.