Chapter 15: Meet The Archer

A/N: +bonus 1

   Ashe gave a last kick towards the wooden dummy before she rolled away, she rested her stance for a moment before getting into it again. Ashe slowly kneeled down, her forearms against the mat as she lifted her body in the air. 

   She slowly straightened her form, sweat dripped from her mask onto the mat below her. She clenched her jaw.

   She took a deep breath and tried to lift herself up in the air for as long as she could. She could feel some of her muscles pulling, her elbows dug into the mat, her heart beats quicker.

   She didn't acknowledge the guest Alfred brought into the Batcave as she was in deep concentration, she even her breaths and closed her eyes trying to ignore the searing pain. She started to scowl. 

   'If pain had a face I would kick him so hard... he refuses to get up!'

   Before she could even realize, "Impressive." it ticked her off, she swiftly lowered her body and spontaneously kicked someone's legs out. She heard a thud and a groan. 

   "Huh?" she looked up to see a man in a suit on the floor. She quickly stood up, her hands instantly raised near her mouth, "Oh my God, I'm sorry!"

   Bruce was surprised and Alfred gaped at her action, "I am so, so sorry!" she helped the man up, he started to laugh, "Kid! Kid, it's alright!" 

   Ashe walked around him checking any damage she made, "Did I hurt you?" she asked, "Is your back alright?" she paced around him.

   He grasped her shoulders when she walked in front of him, stopping her from pacing about, "Woah, there kid! I am practically fine, see?" he gestured to himself.

   "There's nothing to be worried about!" he beamed as he let go of her, she stood a few steps away from him. "If... you say so..." she rubbed her nape.

   "Don't tell me you've lost your touch?" Bruce inquired him, "Oh come on, Brucie! I wasn't expecting a sweep from the kid." 

   "Besides..." the man slightly lowered his form towards her, he placed a hand beside his face and whispered, "That was a sick sweep, kid!" Alfred had already left towards the kitchen.

   Bruce facepalmed, "Oliver, you're late." Oliver glanced at him with a wide smile, "Oh, cut me some slack, Bruce! I just got back from somewhere a few days ago." 

   Oliver continued, "So... pretty great kid you got here. What's her name?" he looked at Ashe.

   Ashe huffed, she slid her hands into her pockets and slightly bowed, "Ashe Valour Wayne, humbly at your service." she rose her head meeting his curious gaze. 

   "Well, kid. I'm Oliver, Oliver Jonas Queen." he extended his arm for a handshake, she hesitatingly shook his hand, "Monsieur Oliver, enchante."

   Ashe pulled her hand away but realized she couldn't, she looked up to him and tilted her head, "Ashe... where have you been all these years?" she was unsure and felt slightly uncomfortable, 

   "That's for me to know and for you to find out!" she chirped. "Woah, kid. That's not what I-" she cut him off, "I'm sorry, monsieur, but! Would you like a cup of coffee, or do you prefer tea?" she smiled under her mask.

   "Kid, you know that's not-"