Chapter 9: The Owl

"What got you worked up, Damian?" Bruce asked as he folded his arms

   "What got you worked up, Damian?" Bruce asked as he folded his arms. "Father, you know what the cause is." Ashe blurred their conversation, she looked at the documents and eventually read some. 

   'Thermal... cryo... technologies... hm.' She read another, 'Nuclear technologies... Lex Luthor... a business collaboration? Why am I reading this?'

   "Ukhti..." Damian poked Ashe's forehead, "Hm?" She tilted her head looking at him. "I would like a third opinion." He said, her eyebrows creased. "I'm not an expert at this." Damian shrugged. 

   Ashe turned to the papers, "Well... good allies are nice, but sometimes you gotta keep the enemies closer?" Ashe shrugged her shoulders. Damien nodded. "And... I have no idea about businesses. So, my opinion would not really matter." She rubbed her nape.

   "Well, it matters to me, ukhti." he stated, "Thanks..." she avoided his gaze. Damian turned to his father, "Have she seen the cave?" Ashe perked up, 'Nani?' she thought. "I was about to before you gave a tantrum." 

   Damian irked at the thought, he proceeded to lift Ashe in his arms. "I can walk... you know?" Ashe sweatdropped. "daeni 'ahsil ealaa allahzat." Damian replied as he pushed a pen on the desk, Ashe didn't really catch up.

   Suddenly, the wall behind the desk slid in revealing a secret entrance, Damian walked in with her followed by Bruce. "Welcome to the Batcave." He let Ashe slid off his arms. 

   She wandered to the middle area, "Woah..." She marveled at the size of the sanctuary. "This is where we got ready for patrols." He continued as he walked nearer.

   Ashe let her eyes wandered, she end up looking at several suits on armor stands. A thought came up, she turned to Damian, "Hey Dami... May I spar with you?" she fiddled her locket. 

   Damian was slightly surprised, "Are you sure, ukhti?" Ashe confirmed as she nodded. "Alright, I'd love to see how much you have grown." He smirked.

   Bruce was slightly unsure what the outcome would be but he held no worries as he approved, he faintly smiled, 'They should know their bounds, especially Damian.' 

   Seeing a thirteen-year-old kid fighting a sixteen-year-old might be concerning, but they're siblings and they know their limits.

   In the middle of the Batcave, there stood Damian and Ashe, they faced each other within a distance, they eyed each other. Ashe lowered her body as she bolted towards him, 'Head on?' Damian ready his stance for a counter. 

   She started off with a jab, with a quick succession she did an uppercut. Then, she slightly leaned back, pivoted her body, and did an axe kick towards his shoulder. Damian was surprised at her agility as he blocked and evade.

   Ashe pulled back, she leaped a distance away from Damian as she slightly slid off upon landing. Her body was lowered, her legs apart, hands imitating claws.