Chapter 27: Destiny's Regret

(A/n: Italics cause it's only a dream~)
Warning: taruma, blud, a little sadist moment, visual graphic-
A second warning will be just above the writing.

...

   Step! Step! Step!

   A pair of feet running across the dark void, her breathing heavy. She feels her lungs burn at each of every breath, "A-ah!" a meek shriek from her throat as she trips on an invisible force. She attempts to get up but failed when a dagger suddenly penetrates her back. Her screams echo in the darkness-

   Ashe wakes up with a start, her hand gripping the bed sheets while the other instantly over her heart. "Ah...hah..!" her breathing was shallow, she takes a few deep breaths to calm her erratic heart. After a few minutes, she slowly glances around. "Strange..." she notices her bed was still a mess, "Who let the dogs out?" she wonders before taking a look at herself.

   She had the same outfit, a seemingly black butler theme with only her white neckerchief defying the whole outfit. She still had her black gloves that covered from the tips of her fingers to her wrist. Her bandages under her outfit were still intact, she climbs down her bed, her fist slightly clenching her heart. A small frown forms on her lips.

   "Why do I feel nauseous?" her hand grips her head, she runs her fingers through her hair before letting out a yelp when something had pulled her. Darkness fills her vision, her arms flail around trying to grasp her way out of whatever hole this is. She feels her body falling through the void, "No! Not again!"

   She froze when she feels someone breathing at the back of her neck, a deep voice resonate from him, "I'll make sure your brothers regret even thinking of killing me." her eyes widen. In reflex, she swings her arm behind her only to feel nothing, "Wha-?" A purple mist surrounds her form, her panic rises when she couldn't move her body.

   Whispers fill her ears, the deep voice returns once more. Lace with pity, "You may be able to hide your memories from me..." Ashe could feel a shiver down her spine as the voice continues, "But you'll never be able to run from them!" the voice rages on while pulling her down into the pit of darkness.

   Dr. Destiny grins, with a deep and scratchy voice, "Let it break you... Let it devour you... Embrace the darkness!" Ashe tries to scream but was strangled by him, "For this is your destiny!" with a sick-o expression, he pulls her down once more before jumping into another portal.

   Her lone scream echoes as the darkness swallow her whole.

   Batman had tried his best to warn most of the Justice League, "Whatever you do, do not sleep." He warns Flash before warping from the watchtower to the Batcave. He'd also left Martian Manhunter in charge of breaking any nightmare cycles that occurred among them, currently Hawkgirl and Wonder Woman. The second he arrived, Batman hops into the batmobile and zooms out of the hideout.

   Meanwhile...

   J'onn went into their minds, he manages to obstruct Wonder Woman's dream. He enters another mind upon the small victory while Diana awaits him on the other side, still in the dreamworld. J'onn was surprised to enter Superman's dream, the chaos eventually led him to Clark.

   He manages to make Clark overcome his fear of his strength. Amidst in victory, J'onn creates another portal sensing another over distressed mind. Superman decides to follow him, J'onn gives him a slight nod before jumping into the portal.