2- Magnificently Cursed

He was rumbling through his drawers looking for his Monster Book of Monsters. Whilst searching his scattered mess, he found a crumpled piece of paper which he unraveled slowly. A picture of him, the headline titled "Lucis Malfoy, now held prisoner in Azkaban. What will the rest of the Malfoys be up to?"

The article made him sick to his stomach. hinting him of taking his place as a death eater (although they wouldn't be wrong)He would get death glares while walking past Diagon Alley or school, especially from Harry Potter and his two servants.

Motion capture put him in a bad light.

He crumpled up the article and cast 'Incendio' The parchment slowly began to light up with fire, leaving black crips marks. the fire made his eyes glow and his cheeks redden, adding a small tint of red to his very grey face. he sighed as he watched the photograph of him burn up into flames, and the words began to erase slowly. As the fire died, he threw the black crumpled piece of paper in the trash. The smell of burnt parchment filled the room.

Still looking for his Monster Book of Monsters. Draco found a picture of a woman- his mother. She was dressed in fine gossamer ruby silk, her hair tied up in a ponytail leaving perfect hair strands falling into place like dominos. and a necklace that had a noticeable daffodil pendant. she looked to be in her teen years. Her smile could light up the entire room- like a glimmer of a comet in the blue night sky. He'd never seen her look so.. Happy

Draco let out a downhearted exhale, seeing her so gleeful and content. knowing that he would never bring that happiness to her- or anyone to be precise.

He placed the picture of his mother in the front pocket of his black blazer that was hung nicely on a coat rack that he would wear for later concern.  

---

"Alrigh' Class. today, we'll be venturin' out the black lake" The large man instructed, pointing his fingers over to the wooden boats "3 people per boat can' go- oh and-" Hagrid paused, pulling out the monster book of monsters "ope' yer books to page" flipping through the pages, he finally found the one "page 143"

'Sirens' Draco scoffed and leaned toward Blaise to whisper "Oh great, now we're learning about the disgusting fish that live in the pissy black lake" 

The dark-skinned boy laughed a bit "Don't be such a prick Malfoy, maybe we'll get you a mermaid girlfriend" he joked. 

"Really Zabini? those hideous creatures with claws as sharp as knives? I'd rather be with Granger, honestly" 

"Not those you bloody idiot" Blaise corrected "I meant the warm water mermaid living in the lake" 

"You're not that daft, are you? those are all just stupid rumors made by naive first years" 

Before Blaise could go on with his theory about the other mermaid, Hagrid instructed the class into their boats. Draco sat on the very last boat with Blaise and Xenophilius (the second) Lovegood, Luna Lovegood's older brother, who happened to be in Slytherin and one of Malfoy's close pals

He saw Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley, and a very clingy Lavender Brown. Draco cringed slightly at the tension that seemed to surface 

"Alrigh', today we'll be learnin' 'bout salt mermaids- more commonly known as sirens. Luckily, there are some in this very black lake, and let's hope that they're kind enough to let us have a view of them" Hagrid began 

"Now, on that note, I must warn ye' all, sirens- well, they aren't the most innocent creatures, so please, fer' yer' own safety, keep all limbs on the boat. Let's just say sirens have.. sharp teeth" The professor cautioned