17-Pluto

"You saw it too, right? Tell me you saw it too" She urged, whispering and staring into her sons' eyes

"I saw it mother, I did" She sighed in no relief, shaking her head whilst her eyes were glued to the floor

"She just-She looks so different... So young and pure, so incompatible with her temperament. Oh! And him- How have we not talked about him yet?" She was right, His face was not its usual morphed self with stone features and veins like bolts in a thunderstorm. Narcissa had maintained a whisper, it was still nightfall and anyone could walk in, cursing them both.

"Well it's barely one week left from this repugnance dwelling," His mother said, folding her clothes into her trunk. Draco had been sitting on the end of her bed, watching her carefully with the way she stuffed her gloves together and zipped and unzipped her briefcase's smaller pocket.

"Draco," His name caught his attention and he met her denuding self "Draco, promise me after this war you won't run away from me. Promise me you'll stay with me if I make it" Her supplicate and plead brought a heavy lump to his throat. Her entanglement and innuendo to her not-so-lasting mortality intertwined tightly with the veins around his heart, suffocating his breathing.

"Mother, don't say that. I urge you. We'll both make it out of the War. Whether we win or don't" Despite the grisly mark that another man would be proud to wear. Draco was nothing but against Voldemort and his barbaric 'master' plan. A son of a death eater, a death eater himself, had been against the man (if you choose to call him so) that appointed him. Forcefully, we mustn't forget

"Draco, we've talked about this before. We've talked about this too many times before. I am growing old, I cannot handle the str-"

"Mother, I hate to interrupt and be discourteous with you; But do not continue" His tone had been restricting and one he would limit to with his mother, but the shudder that came along with her forced him to recoil

"But Draco, you must understand that I won't stay for long. And please, hear me out!" She felt his finger raise as he was about to intersperse

"I am growing older every day. This war hasn't even begun. I am already too tired. You must understand that something could happen to me before this bloodshed even begins. And not because of my growing age; but it is bound to happen to everyone."

He knew if he were to say more, they would both be running in circles. He nodded his head in tranquilizing silence as she went back to folding her clothes. His thoughts had lingered in the notebook he found not less than three weeks ago. Much of the pages had been ripped or written so poorly he was not able to humanly understand.

They were (as he thought and said in his mind before) of a desperate lovers' muse. Letters addressed to 'R.' The description in these letters was of what seemed a noble gentleman. He wasn't so sure of the gender of who wrote these hopeless love letters. There had been no clear evidence. Nor was there a name. The letters would always address to the one sent to as 'Lover' or 'My dear' or 'My dreamboat' He would find himself slightly cringing at the sight of such puppy love. It all seemed too craving and devouring

"Draco, dear" He snapped from the long train of thought and piped his head, "I think I forgot a set of my gloves in your room. Get them for me, will you?" He stood from his place and went to the hall which led to his room. After spending 3 weeks in this haunting house, he had still found himself lost retracing his steps. He had learned to ignore the portraits that followed him with their painted eyes. He had been glad this was a muggle manor and did not have moving paintings. The question had still struck him; Why did Lord Voldemort (of course in his mind he had blocked his name) The anti-muggle/muggle-born hater want to spend a miracle staying at a muggle residence? He could have chosen the Malfoy manor, it was much bigger after all and did not restrict any dark magic. But he chose not. Certainly, it had not been out of respect to Mrs or Mr. Malfoy. There was no human on earth he respected but himself.