5 - If You Never Bleed, You'll Never Learn to Grow

A heavy drag sent her down, whilst another set of arms restrained her body from fighting back. The water swiftly moved against her at a speed so fast, she felt like she might've skipped a second of life. And before she could scream, or shout a cry for help- Cordelia felt a hand clamp over her mouth, muffling all calls of pleading rescue. Claws began to dig into her sides, her eyes squeezed so tightly- just hoping the pain would go away 

She was still in a state of confusion. After a minute or two of swimming at an alarmingly fast rate, she felt herself being sent up to the surface, and when she opened her eyes, she saw the two sirens she had knocked out staring right back at her. Internally, she panicked. When she turned her head, she saw that she was on the other side of the lake, right in front of a bustling crowd of trees. She flinched when they clamped down a very heavy stone to her fins and wrapped her arms with tight ropes. 

The feeling that her hand might get cut off due to how tight the ropes were had been familiar. But not the heavyweight that was smashing against her fins. It felt like a million needles that had been heated by the fires of hell were being thrown at the bottom half of her body. She bit her lip to ban the trespassing whimpers that were leaving her mouth. 

"You thought you could get away so easily huh?" The siren hissed. Cordelia stayed quiet not knowing how- or what to answer. 

Expectedly, when no words left her mouth, a knife-cutting sting was felt on her left cheek. Blood rushed quickly giving attention to the sharp slap on her face

With all the confidence that she had mustered, she held her head high and answered, trying her best to avoid quivering 

"I don't-" she had already managed to fail herself, mumbling between small whimpers 

"I don't understand what you're referring to" Cordelia answered a bit clearer. Her head, which was once held high in the beginning, began to slowly sink with the weight of her words and their consequences, pulverizing her. 

Both Sirens simultaneously had an ugly smirk form on their faces- And Cordelia just knew from that menacing look that this would end with permanent bruises to remind her of the mistakes she's made. 

The mermaids slowly pushed the heavy stone so that it would add immense pressure to her entire fin, rather than the sides. 

Vibrant Screams left her throat, whilst silent ones left her eyes as they were bleeding streams of salt water 

"Now, be a good little girl and tell us the truth, will you?" One cackled at the sorrow in front of her. The siren lifted Cordelia's chin with her scaley hands, her sharp fingers digging at her aching figure. "And if you don't, we'll make sure that your loverboy gets the punishment he deser-"

Cordelia made the "What did he ever do to you? Or just human-" 

"Don't" slap "Interrupt" slap "Me!"

Both sirens took turns slapping either side of her face. She felt her crimson cheeks bruise from the harsh slams of their palms 

"If you don't tell us the truth right now we'll make sure you or anyone else will never get to see the living face of that ferret-looking human!" She shivered at the thought and decided to confess. 

"Fine. I did knock you two out but- only because you were going to kill him- and.." Cordelia's words seemed to get lost in her throat as she hesitated to continue 

The siren gave her a menacing glare as they saw this"Go on" she instructed 

Slowly shutting her eyes, she swallowed her breath and continued "And it just didn't seem very... fair"