30 - Delilah, Delilah

The room began to tighten slowly with each panicked breath Draco took whenever a spell would come back to bite him. It was as if he only knew these four long walls and the cabinet in front of him. He had cursed such an inanimate object for causing him a tremendous amount of pain- although he knew, deep inside in the thorax of his heart, it was not the mere planks of wood designed to have a function unnecessary to him that made him feel this anger. It was only a matter of time before he would face the uproar of screaming voices and crumbling castles. It was only a matter of time before his face would be plastered with the same ink criticizing his name. This thought left him in a constant quiver. A fever that would leave his body in decaying bones and a plastered frown, a frown that could only be upturned by the glorious sunrise of a smile he sought to see every day. 

Her whereabouts being limited to him, especially considering the space of this castle, only made him worry more. And whilst it had only been a day, word had gotten to pass by quickly about the 'new Beuxbatons' transfer at school. So much so that he would feel the slight rush of blood meet his ears and forehead at the mention of her presence. 

"She's an enigma, truly" Blaise would say in the common room, the fire lighting up only the center of his face as if he were a skeleton. "Honestly, what do they teach them there, it's as if she knows nothing about potions- Even Slughorn was confused."

Draco, of course, made sure that they would not be in the same classes together, Blaise and Xeno being in a conjoined class of potions with the fourth, fifth, and sixth's years, whilst Draco was in an advanced potions class with only sixth and seventh years. He did however leave one slot open for any sort of interaction, that being Herbology class. He had never been fond of Herbology, the nature of plants and how they feed into the soil seemed all too murky for his taste, so he opted for having one Herbology cluster, that included her. This made space for anything she had to communicate to him, and vice versa, and additionally to have that incapsulating presence collar him again and take away the pain.

"I don't know, I think that's kind of hot. That ominous Marlyin Monroe pout keeps me up" Theo said with a malicious smirk that would put said 'Omnious Marlyin Monroe Pout' to pursed lips of anger as Draco had held back the rage with clawed fists. He knew he couldn't do anything about it because shameful truth be told, in the past, Draco had conveyed the same thing about the same genre of women. He recognizes now that if he even dares thought of this objectification in his head, which he tried to justify as the sort of objectification any person would feel in the valleys of this treacherous love, as the concept of love to him was entirely based on perception, he would not hold the same proud smirk as he spoke of such an intimate thought as Theo held now. 

He knew that Theo, like that same boy Draco, was once, not so long ago, would continue to ramble about these dopaminergic sexual fantasies with the same proud smile, so instead, Draco did what he thought was reasonable, and began heading to his next class, Herbology, where he would see her in all her glory, and the sun would finally rise to his face. 

-

The morning sun had bathed my body in a way I can never describe. It was a feeling I had been seeking for years, and now I finally had it without doing anything. It was the simple pleasure of having the sun touch your entire body, rather than your torso on occasion. My eyes could flutter at any pace without the water holding down my gravity. I could stretch my limbs and kick my legs and watch the blanket move with me. I could rub my feet against each other and create my own warmth if the blanket wasn't enough. I had woken at the sound of owls hooting, and Luna cluttering her items. She had already been dressed in her uniform and suggested that I did too. 

This, I found out to be, was a difficult task, especially considering Draco was not here. There were so many ins and out's to this cloth, I was just relieved when I managed to get my arms through the button-up of the sleeves rather than the head. Buttoning, however, was an even more difficult task as I found the buttons to be sewn so deeply inside the shirt. I had managed to get a few done, only wondering just how skillfully Draco was able to button up this shirt in a matter of seconds. He was swift with his fingers and the time it took me to put on my skirt and zip it would've been the time it took him to button up this shirt, flattened the collar, put on the knit cardigan, and helped me with my socks.