23-My Achilles Heel

A white light flashed in his vision and stirred his conscious mind to begin wheeling. He sat from his bed, a large weight felt to be enclosing his chest as he panted furiously. He had not dreamed of torment, or his near-death, nothing like that-He wasn't even sure that he dreamt at all. Instead, he saw a light pierce his eyes and eradicate his pupil, melting the bones that enclosed his brain.

"Are you alright?" A familiar voice asked, yet all was nothing but a buzzing sound as he had just woken up. He turned to see Blaise getting dressed in his Slytherin uniform, buttoning his shirt and pulling over his vest 

"Bad dream" He murmured, rolling to his side only to be met with scarily piercing blue eyes parodying a seductive gaze

"Aw, does ittle-wittle Malfoy boy need a hug for his ittle-wittle scawy nightmawe?" Draco assembled his force into pieces (which were oozing from his veins by the days due to his grotesque appetite which consisted of swallowing his own blood from mindlessly knawing his lip and sleepless nights that would last only seconds until the sun met the grass) to push Xeno off the bed. Which he successfully did as a loud thump was heard on the wood floor, and probably an indentation to prove it 

"Why don't you go chase around Kareem today, hm? I'm sure she misses your stalking" He snarled, pulling the sheets over his head, forgetting about the strong light he'd seen and thought it was just the sunlight suddenly meeting his eye through the skin of his eyelids. He almost went back to sleep and dreamt of a peaceful face he made a note of to see today until the annoying voice that was penetrating the drum of his ear was heard throughout the room, spoiling it in splats of soil and dirt. 

"I do not stalk her, our souls just happen to connect. Although she has been acting strange recently. Usually, when I compliment her-" 

"Irritate her" Blaise muttered under his breath, though it seemed unnoticed by Xeno as he went on "-She says some intelligent remark and leaves me gawking and stunned at her beautiful knowledge, but now-" He paused, grabbing the rotten green apple that was on Dracos bedside, taking a large bite. This was unnoticed by Draco until he heard the bothersome sound of chewing and teeth clashing against each other

"Hey, give that back!" He jumped from his bed, reaching to grab the apple from Xeno, yet he held out his arm higher and stood on a small stool

"Nuh-uh, not until you hear the rest of my tragic love life!"

"Ok, enough now. Both of you. As much as I would enjoy watching a boxing match happening right now between the two of you because of a sour-rotten apple, we have class in 30 minutes. And that's barely enough time to even get dressed." Draco threw his need for a bitter snack out the window. The remembrance of his first-class and the knowledge and events leading to it seemed too important for something so simple. He quickly got up from his bed to get dressed in the dorm. He soon regretted doing this publicly as he took off his pajama shirt. The faces of both Xeno and Blaise were lengthy and looked like they were melted in the sun. Their eyes sunk to their cheeks and their mouths were hanging open until their chins touched their chests.

"Draco..." Blaise said, concerned. Draco turned and saw them both gaping, their eyes bulging from their places, and following the same trail. He looked down to his stomach to see the scars the sirens had left months ago. They were not freshly cut, the elastic skin had grown through the weeks creating a darker shade and white lines that were placed horizontally. It was his body's way of creating stitches. 

Although he has lied so many times these last couple of months, it never became easier. His lies were as unkempt as his hair, and each stutter was like combing through them with rotten cheese "Oh, I- well a tree-"

"Not just that. Have you been eating, Draco?" His ribs were sticking out of the flesh like two arms flexing; The middle of his chest had been dented with a rigid bone pattern, you practically could place a finger, two knuckles deep inside of the cavity. The outline of his heart could be seen thumping sharply, along with the green and blue veins that were wrapped around it.