19-How Evergreen, Our Group of Friends

Despite Pansy telling herself she would not describe Daphne about her astonishing vacation with the dark lord was, she felt as if she were to explode if she didn't 'It was awful, I was basically being tortured for 3 weeks...' Pansy groaned as she sat next to her on the couch of the Slytherin common room 

"What did you guys eat there? I mean...this is-" she paused and leaned into pansy's ear causing a faint shiver down her spine "-This is Voldemort we're talking about. I'm sure he won't have the finest chief in England serving"

Pansy sighed heavily, rubbing her temples. "Oh my god, just rethinking the venom we had consumed for the last month makes my taste buds relive that hell. The food was uncooked and the drinks tasted like rat piss. And at some point, I was so sure that the 'cooked chicken' he had served us was half-alive-Merlin, I could even feel the feathers sticking between my teeth" 

Daphne groaned imagining the taste of her description. And as Pansy went on with the living hell she had experienced, Daphne simply swallowed her thoughts like a capsule. A capsule that would take her life away if she had neglected it. So she went on with swallowing that capsule until that was all she could consume. 

"The mattresses were like solid hard, and every time I tried to get an hour of rest (at most), I'd hear some banging above my head, or someone cackling" She shivered, reliving the moment. 

Their conversation had gone on for hours or so, well, that had been until they were interrupted by the presence of Este Cherith, who had herself lounging on the black leather couch right beside them. She had her legs rested on the arm of the seat, her silk, costly, nude-colored night-gown slid up to her knees as she had her hands holding each other, relaxed on her stomach. Her strong perfume lingered in the common room and both girls could not help but breathe in her fragrances. Although their noses were filled with the aroma of citrus and cinnamon, their tastebuds were nerved with the taste of battery acid. 

Despite their mutual grumbling, the green-eyed girl insisted on maintaining her smirk with a strong and zealous arc to her brow. Her eyes were hooded with a strange emotion Pansy could not really capture. The room felt tight as the tension had been feeding itself with suspense, suffocating Pansy and Daphne until their lungs shriveled up like raisins. The walls thickened tenfold, while Este had herself lounged like a king, at ease and free. 

A foreign feeling coursed through her stomach and chest as Este had captured Pansy's eye. She felt nauseous, and with that nausea, she felt the need to rip out all the organs to untie the sickening knot 

"You look ill, Parkinson" Este remarked with mockery, coquettishly fluttering her eyes (much like the flutter Pansy had in her stomach) 

"Don't get me wrong, green does suit you very well. But I'd suggest not painting your skin green" She winked, as Pansy stared with wider eyes. She had been stunned, and empty with words- a rare miracle in her case 

"Let's go, we don't need to associate ourselves with her" Daphne whispered, as Este sent her a deathly starer, swiftly averting from the coy gaze that was gifted to Pansy. Pansy had nodded, still out of words as Este had taken them away from her. 

...

"Can you believe the nerve of her? I mean honestly! All of a sudden she thinks she rules the entire school with her rich blonde hair and expensive perfume and her perfect clique of perfect pretty girls" Daphne had exclaimed, which came as a shock to Pansy as she had never seen her so furious and judgmental about a person. 

"I can't believe my sister would stoop to as low as Este Cherith to practically worship. She'll do anything Cherith asks her today. She follows her around like a lost dog. Which I will admit is strange seeing as Astoria always was the one tugging the dog leash." She sighed in frustration, plotting herself onto the nude silk sheets. And Pansy hated the fact that those sheets reminded her of the nightgown that hugged Este so well