3. Revealing

🌟 P E M 🌟

All I wanted to do was fall asleep, a dreamless sleep. My head was pounding from the stress of the day, the plane ride; also him.

I couldn't get to sleep though, it was impossible with the hundreds of texts pinging through my phone.

The first text I read was from Cindy from management, she wanted me to confirm my arrival at The Centre.

After responding to her, I scanned through the rest, text after text of "Where's the next party?", "Where are you?" because I was needed to get into said party, "I need a pill hookup", "Are you down to party?"

They were all takers, wanting it all, drugs, sex, money...the texts might as well have been all the same, by people I didn't even know.

Pathetic, damn, how'd my life get so messed up?

My finger was on the button, ready to turn the damned thing off when it started vibrating and lighting up with an incoming call.

Looking at the name on the screen, Felix, my asshole brother, of fucking course.

The main reason why I'm in this godforsaken place is because of his greediness. I threw the phone across the room, I could hear the crack as it made impact against the closet door.

Dammit!

I wrestled my way out from under the covers and went over to it. The screen was cracked, like a spiderweb, sharp shards of glass jutted out. I nicked my finger in the processes of picking it up and as blood pooled out of my hand, I broke.

I crumpled to the floor, head between my knees as I bit down on my forearm trying like hell to silence my wretched sobbing.

I felt like a fucking baby! Who cries over a broken phone? I have more than enough money to replace it. I could buy all of the United Kingdom a damn phone.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I hastily wiped the hot tears from my face and opened the closet doors, ripping out my luggage, my bloody fingers fumbled to unzip the side compartment. The pill bottle slipped through my wet hands.

Fuck!

Once opened, I didn't hesitate to tip my head back and drop two pills into my eager mouth. The numbness was all I wanted, to not feel anything.

I laid my back against the cold, hardwood floor, pulling myself together as I let the pills envelope me. Minutes later, all I could feel was calm. I felt nothing, like I was floating on a cloud.

I'm not even sure how long I laid there, eyes closed, not asleep but in a dazed out head space that I never wanted to leave.

"Pem!! Oh my God, Pem!!" a high pitched voice called out.

My shoulders were shaken violently as someone hovered above me.

"Open your eyes, Pembroke! Now!"

A different voice, deep and demanding, inches from my face.

My lids opened to slits as I stared into blue eyes, like the sky, and I was a cloud floating in them.

His strong arms wrapped around my upper back and behind my knees, lifting me up effortlessly, I was gently placed on the soft bed, it felt so...right.

"You gotta open your eyes up more for me kid, or I'm calling an ambulance. You'll be taken out of her on a stretcher, Pem!"