Epilogue - M

🌟 P E M 🌟

"Milo!" I called down to the blonde at my bare feet, he was laying face down in he middle of the sandy trail that travelled from the house to the beach.

"Shhhhh," he whisper shushed me and put a finger to his lips, then slowly pointed to the cute squirrel he was trying to coax towards him.

I couldn't believe there were squirrels on a secluded island but if anyone would find them, it'd be sweet and animal loving Milo.

I slowly bent down and peered over his shoulder, the squirrel didn't like my movements and darted away into the surrounding foliage.

"Oh no!" He whimpered, "he was so close too, closer than yesterday!" He pouted.

I pulled him up and wrapped my arm around his shoulders, "Better luck next time, babe," I squeezed him close and pecked his temple. Ruffling his hair with one hand as I gripped the envelope I was holding in the other as we made our way towards beach.

I was on a mission, vibrating with excitement and nerves. It's been six months since we've been on this beautiful island that we now call home; three months since I shipped Zane's painting to one of my gallery contacts in the states.

My eyes automatically honed in on the muscled and tattooed specimen who was standing waist deep in the clear blue water of the ocean. He had his sight set on Fitz, Aiden, Wren and Fox who were snorkeling in the cove. They loved to watch the different kids of fish and ocean life that made its way to our private beach area.

"What's got you panting so hard, Pem?" Milo asked me.

I pulled my eyes from Zane and met Milo's questioning bright blue eyes.

I Lifted the envelope in my hands and wiggled it in front of us. My cheeks hurt from how wide my smile was.

"Is that it?!" He squealed, reaching out for it.

I pulled it back, "Yes, but we can't open it!" I yelped, "It's for Zane," I chuckled as I saw another pout grace his sweet face. "Don't worry, he'll let us know what's inside," I smiled as I patted his perky butt and started jogging in the direction of Ez, Vance, Bryce, Connor and Jace who were hanging out together on towels and blankets not too far from the waters edge.

"Guys!! It's here!!" I called out to them.

"Zaaaaane!!!" Milo screamed, ankle deep in water as he was erratically motioning him to come back to shore. "Fox! Wren! Fitz! Aiden! Come ooooonnn!"

I giggled as I watched him jumping up and down, splashing his feet, trying in vain to get their attention.

Vance abruptly stood up and ran over to Milo, picking him up bridal style and high kneeing it into the water. Milo squealed and then started laughing as they made their way closer to the group.

Jace pulled me on top of him, "He's been so nervous, I wonder how he's gonna react," he stated out loud to no one in particular.

"Well..." Connor huffed out, "whatever is in there, we'll be here for him, no matter what."

We all nodded our heads in agreement as we watched the boys make their way towards us.

"Whats so important that had Milo begging for us to come to shore?" Aiden questioned as he tossed his snorkeling mask down and then wrapped a towel around his slim waist. Bryce reached out and yanked him on top of him. They comically wrestled in the sand for a few moments.

I silently thanked Bryce as I waited until Zane finished drying his dark hair that has subtly lightened from the sun and salt water over the past few months and shakily stood up from Jace's lap. Thankfully, Jace held onto my hips until I was sturdy enough on both feet.