15. Headlines

🌟 P E M 🌟

🌟 P E M 🌟

Oh no, oh no, oh no!

I was front cover of the most prolific celebrity magazine known, it reaches worldwide. The magazine article that Fox showed me on his phone went on to say that my wild ways were far from over, that Bogart had spoken to a local source in a small town in the UK that confirmed that she saw me making out in public with a handsome blonde man and that I was very friendly with three other men.

I placed the cell phone on the counter, we were all hanging out in the kitchen while Wren was preparing lunch.

"Look on the bright side, Pem, "Vance reached out to me and took hold of my hand to gain my attention, "they don't have any pictures of you with the boys and they don't know where, exactly, you are," he smiled encouragingly at me.

I fiddled with his fingers for a moment before dropping them and picking up the cell to reread the article, "But it's only the next town over, they'll come looking now, all eyes will be on the lookout for me..." I sighed heavily. "Maybe I should just go back to the US," I handed Fox his phone back, I didn't want to be tempted to read it again.

Jace cut me off, "No! Not gonna happen!" he shouted out as he shook his head, blonde hair missed up from running his fingers through it nervously.

I held up my hand to him and continued, "Just to make an appearance, make them think I'm still back there, so they stop sniffing around here...they'll take pictures there...write another article..."

Vance and the other guys all shook their heads.

"I'll come back, I promise," I pleaded, "it will be only for a few days, just enough time to be spotted around L.A."

"It's not that, Pem, we know you'll come back," Fitz interjected, "we just don't want you to have to keep playing this game of cat and mouse," he sighed, a frown upon layer on his too sweet lips.

"It will die down...eventually," Connor spoke up, "I think..."

"You guys don't realize, these journalists are like vultures, they thrive off of this shit. Especially since I've so abruptly left the scene," I mumbled out, "I was slated to be the next Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise...all eyes were on me," I huffed out, "they're not gonna let me go that easily..."

Jace wrapped his arms around me from behind, I leaned back, melting against his strong hold.

"We'll figure this all out," Wren chirped, "let's eat lunch, it'll help," he smiled warily at me.

I nodded in acquiesce as we all reluctantly filed into the dinning room with our plates.

⚫️ V A N C E ⚫️