12. A Piece Of Me

Milo^^^ (I picture him with caramel blonde hair though)

🌟 P E M 🌟

We were in the game room, Connor, Ezra, Vance and Bryce where playing pool and watching Fox, Wren, Aiden and Milo dancing to a song on Fox's playlist. They were so hot, grinding up against each other while Fox was belting out the lyrics to "Dance Monkey".

Fitz was cradled in Zane's lap as they were whispering softly to one another, Zane would tickle Fitz and nuzzle into his neck on occasion making Fitz giggle and squirm. As big and muscular as Zane is and as small and lithe as Fitz is, they fit so good together, so perfectly. It was just...right.

I was bopping my head to the beat and lounging on the couch watching the guys around me, while Jace was thoroughly massaging my feet on his lap.

Ever since we found each other on that mountain a week ago, we haven't been able to be apart from each other for too long. He was always subconsciously reaching out for me, making sure that I was still here, that I didn't just vanish again. I felt terrible that I've made him feel this way, feeling like I'm not a permanent fixture in his life.

The song changed to a softer melody and the boys started slow dancing, I closed my eyes, listening to the soft piano notes when Jace started singing. His beautiful; strong voice took over the room, flowing all around and then crashing into my heart. I felt as though he reached in, pulled the muscular organ out and was holding it in his doting hands.

Slowly opening my eyes; I was met with his sky blue's penetrating into mine.

Glossy eyes told me everything as he sang to me, my own eyes teared up as my hand reach out and clasped his open one that was now resting on my thigh.

We squeezed each other's hands during the parts that spoke to us. Everything faded away as I only had eyes for him.

As the final chords of the piano played out, I looked around the room, my eyes landed on Milo.

No, no, no...

My heart faltered as I saw the look on his face. His chin was resting on Wren's shoulder, his eyes were bloodshot and wet with tears. His focus was directed on Jace. Wren was whispering into his ear, so low I couldn't make out anything.

Wren must've said something to make Milo look at me, because his tortured gaze found mine and when our eyes locked, he held on for a few seconds and then slowly closed his lids, pain etched across his face as tears fell downs his cheeks.

I gasped out, "No," as my hand shot to my mouth.

I felt the couch move as Jace scooted in closer to me, "What's wrong, babe?" Jace questioned as his warm hand slid through my hair, fingernails against my scalp.

I found sky blue eyes, "Jace..." I trailed off with a whisper.

"What?" his brows scrunched up in confusion.

"Oh my God, Jace..." I exhaled.

He pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms tightly around my lower back. My forehead landed on his broad shoulder. I felt the pads of his fingertips trail along my neck and under my ears, down to my jawline as he lifted my chin up.